Confused on what 2 get

Lost and Confused
Unregistered guest
Hey, I Have a 2004 chevy cavailer sports edition, i want to put better speakers in it and i was wondering if someone could please suggest what i should do, I'm a 19 year old female and not really into the car audio department. I dont want to sound stupid that is why im asking for helping. I want to have really hard hitting speakers and i want a new stereo system also. Any Advice would be welcome. Thanks for taking the time to help me

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 74
You will need to decide how much money you want to spend, and factor in any costs for getting it installed. The easiest thing for you may be to go to a shop and check out the stuff they have (listen to it!). A "new stereo system" I'm assuming is a head-unit (HU) and I'd guess you want new speakers and a sub put in. Speakers by themselves aren't going to be particularly hard hitting. The sub is what makes the "hitting". If you want to upgrade all that and have it installed by someone professionally, it may begin getting expensive, obviously depending on your budget.

Lost and Confused
Unregistered guest
I have alot of money to spend..I want to redo the whole entire stereo system....What are the best systems? Thanks For the help

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 14
ALPINE Subs are top Notch and also jL AUdio for amps get Rockford Fosgate they are the mercedes of car amp's and are the best amps in the world in IMO, and always go for the RMS wattage which is the exact watt that goes to any speakers and subs. Since you have alot of money go for the rockford 1000.1 amp and either jl w7 or alpine type x 12'' and becaused your a rich girl go for the alpine receiver. which is the cd player. =-) and finally you figure you are low on cash go for two alpine 1241d type-r's thay sound AWESOME!!!!! good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 38
Wait a minute how can you say that RF is the Mercedes of Car Amps.

That is not true. I would put up any us amps vs RF and RF will not be the winner.

Lost do your reading and actually go to some stereo shops and listen to what they have. Not all brands are the same and they dont all cost the same.
What sound good to me or anyone else here may not be what you are looking for.
Do yourself a favor and shop around. If you live in a major city like Los Angeles there are tons of shops and any other major city.
Dont throw away money on other peoples opinions.
Invest in your self and do some homework so you know exactly what you like and what to get.
Plus dont get sold by the first sales person you meet in the store. Go to a couple and listen to the same speakers and subs just to make sure you like it.

Plus remember that what is mounted on the display wall will sound somewhat different than in your car.

And Name brands are trustworthy but just listen to them if you can first before you drop your money and end up not happy.

I am not trying to be disrespectfull to any one elses opinions. I am just trying to advice LOST on the best way to shop for a good system.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1086
land is completely right...

first off, RF only makes decent amps and nothing else...even those are absolutely made to look like crap by other brands

zapco, us amps, mcintosh, cadence, arc audio, eD, RE, mmats, jl audio, kicker and many other brands

as many people like to point out, glasswolf is probably your best bet to talking to someone on this forum...although there are other who know quite a bit like jonathan, me (not trying to inflate my image), and land definately seems to know what hes saying too

good products to look at:

-alpine, eclipse, clarion, pioneer premier for head units
-adire audio, RE, ID, dynaudio, infinity kappa perf, CDT, MB quart, boston acoutics for speakers
-adire audio, elemental designs (eD), diamond audio, image dynamics (ID), resonant engineering (RE), MMats, jl audio for subs
-MTX, arc audio, jl audio, zapco, eD, cadence, kicker, JBL for amps
-stinger or knu koncepts for wiring

these are just suggestions, but many enthusiasts will agree with me these are some of the best out there mainly for SQ but for SQL also

trying to get you on the right track

Help2
Unregistered guest
If you feel like selling a kidney to science..
check out brax, tru technology and harrison labs for amps...
for subs, you could also look at Digital Designs,
Beyond audio, incriminator audio, blueprint...
How bout you just look at this list...
http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic
This will give you a general idea...
I dont agree with some of the stuff on there...but
what do I know...
:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 19
I also heard tht ( SwissAudio )makes the best amps in the world. I was told by a black dude who works fron an audio company? i wasnt to sure why he's been installing car sytems for 20 years.

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 40
I have only seen some Swiss Audio products. I have never heard or read anything on them. I dont know.

Username: Brnnic

Post Number: 1
I need help trying to figure out what to buy I need something that gives good hard base and will be pushed buy a 700 watt amp. within $200. Im looking at the Infinity (1230W) and the Alpine (SWE1241) right now I need 2 12" subs.
Brnnic@yahoo.com email me please

Anonymous

onlinecarstereo.com - go there and you can get two cv vmax for 180 altogether. they are 300w a piece and is the best u will get for under 200

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1119
thats a very good bet

or elemental designs 13kv.2's

www.edesignaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us