What amp would i need for 4 12" audiobahn 2000watt rms subs dual 2ohm voicecoils (1 amp per sub btw) ??

Username: Swifty

Post Number: 3
ok im getting a 1999 cadillac deville and im going to get 4 12" audiobahn 2000watt rms 4000watt peak dual 2ohm voicecoils immortal series subs (AWIS12P) and i want a amp per sub but i cant figure out which audiobahn amp will give each sub max power. can anyone help me with this or know

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 222
ok first of all..Audiobahn is not the best to go with..i'd look at some diffrent subs and amps...less your just lookin to p!ss your money in the wind

Post Number: 4
what do u recomend then to get that kind of watts also ;p

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 370
Hey Swifty, you can try Rockford/Kicker/JL/Audiobahn 2300HCT/A4125HCT/MTX/MA Audio. Look for 500W-1000W depending on your budget. Remember, you don't need 2 channel amp for subs. Mono class D will work just fine.

Username: Taylornuts

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 3
I dont agree with the people about audiobahn, I have 2 15" audiobahn them subs pound With the Old school Orion 2250 XTR (the beast).

Post Number: 6
ya screw my budget lol i can save i aint got bills to pay right now lol but those subs r 2000WRMS EACH and i hear they can do 3500WRMS and their 4000WPEAK thats y i wuz askin wut exact amp could push about 3000W into em or i wuz wundering also if i could jus combine 2 of em or wutever to make it down to 1ohm but then still would need a amp that could push about 3000W to each lol

Post Number: 7
would this amp be any good ???

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=RT2500D

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 4
If you got the money I heard that Zapco has a powerfull amp that might do it.

Post Number: 8
ACTUALLY

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNA2300HCT

if i took 2 together to make em 1 ohm would it be doin 1-Ohm Stable: 2400W Into a 1-Ohm Mono Load! <---to each or between the 2 ???

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 5
http://www.zapco.com/ C2K4KW competion series, how ever they are very very proud of them

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 6
i heard that amp push 4 i5 inch audiobahn aw1500q'it sounded preaty good if you go 1 each sub wow (2300hct)

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 7
i dont know that audiobahn amps are 1 ohm stable I am old school (Orion) those I know will do 1/2ohm stable all day

Post Number: 9
it says that audiobahn amp is 1 ohm stable but could i take the dual 2ohm sub and make it down to 1 ohm by bridgein it or um wutever its called like 2 subs that r 2ohm onto one amp to make em 1 ohm but since the one sub is dual 2ohm jus do it that way would that work ??

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 8
Just run all 4 voice coils together + to + - to - that will drop it 1 ohm (let me check that first)

Anonymous

just because its 3000 watts rms dont mean shi.t

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 9
that is very true

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
Hey Audiobahn is 1 ohm stable. I know cause I have one. I listen to it everyday and still love it.
Remember, the amp comes with remote bass control with 3 separate controls for bass setting. So far I can only set it less than half way. Anything higher will kill the car (seat/window/door all shake).

Post Number: 10
y the phuck do peeps keep sayin audiobahn is such sh!t ???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
their phuckin subs anyways its not like u hear the words from its jus phuckin bass

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
Well Swifty, I am sure lot of them had bad experiences or are just passing on their friend's opinions.
I never let opinions stop me from testing things I like. Yes I went against all the advices and bought my Audiobahn amp. I must say, so far I love the amp. It really puts the thump in my sub. I thought my old amp pounded good till my new one. Now I can't go past mid level on my bass setting without killing the car.
What I also noticed about this amp is that, there's almost no distortion at high volume! I couldn't believe how clear the highs and bass were from my rear speakers and the sub (I'm using the 4 channel amp as 3 channel).
I strongly advice you to keep people's opinions in mind but at the same time, be open minded and test things out for yourself. I'm glad I did.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
wuts subs do u have and wut amp r u using ???

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
I'm using Audiobahn A4125HCT 4 channel amp and MA Audio 18" sub. If you go search for MA Audio's subs, it's the top of the line model 18". Let me tell you, the magnet by itself is over 20lbs! It was a pain to install.
I don't know if you need 4 channel amp or not but if you do, it's a nice amp. The 2300HCT is a 1600W rms 2 channel amp. It has all the same features as mine. I swear, you won't be able to turn the remote bass control all the way to max without breaking something in your car. Man it shakes.

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 10
I am using AW1500Q 4 ohm dvc I have them running at 2 ohms per speaker. I am pushing them with an Orion 2250 xtr The Beast. And I have 2 4 ohm svc Orion xtr 10" pushing them with an Orion 2150sx.

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 11
audiobahn AW1500Q

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 12
I am a firm believer in audiobahn subs the amp I havent had the chance to get my gruby little mits on yet

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 64
gruby little mits on yet

lol

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 19
What's up?
I have 1 audiobahn aw1208t 12 inch 1500 wrms sub connected to an audiobahn a2200hct amp at 1600 wrms at one ohn stable with an audiobahn acap7p capacitor, and I love it. I only paid about $700 for everything, box and shipping included. With the remote bass boost at one quarter of the way up, my wipers rattle. I think that audiobahn has some really great products out there. That's my two cents worth.

Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Couldn't agree more. I have the A2300HCT and 2 AW1006T's and they do thump. I just haven't figured out how to get the most out of it yet, cuz it's wired into 4ohms - parallel/series. Thas is the cheapest amp with that much power I have ever seen that actually delivers the power it says it does. Don't get that boss amp, won't drive even half the sub lol. You can get the A2300HCT on ebay for less that $400 including shipping. I HIGHLY recommend trying out the immortals - i bet they'll break your windows :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I wanna hear this one sooooooo bad!!!
www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=217&1=218&3=2067

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
Holy cow, that's 650oz magnet!! You're going to kill with that sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I wonder how many car alarms you could set off driving around with one of those bad boys, or two of them!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well phuck it then im goin wit my audiobahn sh!t i wunted to get ;p 4 imortals in the trunk 2 6x9's in the rear dash and 2 6.5" component speakers in the front doors and their in dash dvd/cd player with monitor and prolly one A2300HCTamp per sub baby :-) :-) :-) :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
u cant even say that sh!t wont bump like a MUH FUGGA!! lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
btw wut exactly is bridged ???

Silver Member

Post Number: 407
"Bridged" means combining multi channels into one to get more power.

Azzhole
Unregistered guest
Its idiots like Swifty that keep Audiobahn in business...

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 234
if you dont know what bridging is audiobahn is the perfect company for you. Those shiny a@# subs are power hungry and when you feed them power they burn up. There amps retain alot of heat and dont give clean power. Most people that like audiobahn are rookies that havent heard real quality stuff. Quality subs dont require alot of power to get decent sound out of them. So everyone dont fall for the shiny amps and subs and those ugly boxes with those glowing lights in them. I have a rule of thumb that i follow. If it can be purchased in circuit city or best buy, it wont go in my car.

Anonymous

JOSEPH DUDE THERE AMPS HAVE FLAMES ON THEM THAT MEANS THEY ARE GOOD!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
Not to break up your party here, but HCT in 2300 means High Current. I'd really like to see an example of the amps you guys are bashing. Name their models. I'm not here to argue nor fight. Just trying to be helpful.
When I say Audiobahn, I've always mentioned the model numbers. You claim they use lot of current and don't give out clean power. Well I disagree cause I have A4125HCT (high current) amp. When compared to other amps, it eats up more power, but they don't deny that. I can understand if it was 2x more power hungry than a reg amp. I can assure you that is not the case. I turned up the volume till it pounded everything inside the car. Would you belive it didn't blow my 60A fuse? Sure it came close but it's still working. Now what facts do you guys have about being power hungry? You also say it retains heat. Well that's another lie. My amp goes from cold to warm. That's the hottest it got so far.
You talk about not giving clean power? Well I'm getting clean, undistorted sounds from my Infinity speakers.
Come on guys, stop the maddness and show some facts. This is a free country. Everyone should have the right to choose without being made fun of.
That's my 2 cents worth.

Now can we all get along?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
wow azzhole and joseph can both suck my phuckin dyck im so phuckin sorry im jus learnin this shyt cuz b4 i had no reason to ya phuckin flamers

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 236
Well if you had a dyck you woudnt use audiobahn dont you know when you play with fire you get burned. This is childish use your audiobahn but when I meet a cat like you at the red light its over. Most people bypass discussion with audiobahn in them. Im just telling you like it is. All audiobahn stuff consumes large amounts of current and you get nothing in return. Right now i only have 2 12inch l7's on one jbl 1200.1 and it knocks, but I want to go competition. So I just purchased 2 RE 12 inch triplex, might go with 2 orion 2500d's or 2 jl 1000's. Either way you can flame on while my bass lines drags on. Holla when you step your game up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Where you at joseph?? Maybe we can compare our systems some day. I have 1 audiobahn aw2200hct amp hooked to an audiobahn aw1208t sub with an audiobahn acap7p capacitor in a 2.5 cubic foot box. I think that my system pounds pretty damn good. Since you don't like audiobahn, what model audiobahn have you heard?? What audiobahn subs or amps have you heard that you don't like? Remember, you CANNOT compare a chevrolet cavalier to a ferrari enzo. If you are talking about audiobahn's low end subs or amps, then tell us which ones you heard that you think suck. I would like to hear which ones are bad. I have a stock cd player and tape deck in my car, and with the bass boost only one fourth of the way up, my windshield wipers are vibrating. I know that there are better brands out there, but, what audiobahn equipment have you heard that you think are a waste of money??

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 13
Dude Joseph i have been installing stereo's for about 17 years, and I am a firm believer in audio bahn

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 14
so u can take that rookie s@#t an shuve it up your a@#

Azzhole
Unregistered guest
Heh...
You havent been installing for 17 years...
Id be willing to bet you havent been ALIVE for
17 years.
No one whos installed for 6 months would think
audiobahn is a good make.

To the guy whos windshield wipers "vibrate"
...once your door frame cracks from bass...
we can talk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
Guys, can't we just respect other people's equipments and get along? Azzhole, you can't compare apples and oranges. Sure we'd all like to own Rockford/Kicker's top of the line items. The only problem is, not everyone can afford it. I couldn't. But for the money I had, Audiobahn 4125HCT was the best value for it. If you'd like to get me Rockford for the price I paid for Audiobahn, I'll gladly take it.
I'm not saying Audiobahn is the best, but I can't complain cause it's giving me good value for the money.
I think it'd be fair for anyone dissing a brand to give specific example of the model. This way, we can all learn.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
dam azzhole i wouldnt bet money very much if i were u im almost 20 im jus now gettin into car audio becuz i wunt to thats y the phuck i came to this site to get sum info ffs

Anonymous

why waste your money then?

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
Hey Anonymous, why don't you register so we can see who you are. Secondly, it's not a waste of money, even if it was, it's our freedom. I'll tell you what's a waste of money, the border custom people screwing average joes. They can use their "own" judgement to charge whatever duty they pleases. I know cause it happened to me. The package clearly was marked with a value of $20. Well they decided it was worth $250. I had to fight with them with paper documents.
I know I'm going off topic but it's for a reason. I don't like people fighting and aruging. Life is too short for that.

Bronze Member

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 15
Hey azzhole let me just say I have seen Elvis live in concert.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us