Alternator and Amp

Confused...Need Assistance
Unregistered guest
I am reading all these postings with people saying I have a such and such high output amp and 4 12" running....I am wondering...how long does the alternator last despite installing a cap...Anyways..after much inquiries...my question?...I need a high output alternator (160-180amps) for my 2000 Nissan Maxima SE...I am running an audiobahn a8000t (800watts rms @ 2ohms) to a audiobahn aw1008t (1000watts rms @ 2 ohms) and MY FREAKING LIGHTS STILL DIM....I DO HAVE A 1 FARAD CAP INSTALLED but after much research that doesn't help to stop the lights from dimming...just makes my alternator work even more...(crap!!)......

Any suggestions to resolve this would be much appreciated...So far i have come to the solution I need high output alternator...would it help if I have my amp and woofer rewired...I got it done at best buy?...thank you very much

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink187

Post Number: 19
Yeah, get a new h/o alternator, and a yellow top bat installed.. thats about all you can do to stop the lights from dimming completely.

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 73
just go with a h/o alt. it will help in the end. they are a tad exspensive, depending on your budget, but if you ever upgrade, you car will thank you. your lights will still dim most likely if you got them rewired. h/o alt is what you need. hope this helps

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 74
damn, shawn beat me to it

Sucubus
Unregistered guest
Try a big 3 first...its cheaper.

Confused...Need Assistance
Unregistered guest
Hey guys...thanx for the input...do you know a website or websites where I can get a High output alternator....what is a 'yellow top battery'...please excuse my lack of knowledge about this...this is the first time I have ever had a system in my car..so i am learning as I go?

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 78
originally posted by glasswolf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mralternator.com
www.alternatorparts.com
www.4alterstart.com

also try Ohio Generator and Stinger

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 411
Hey confused guy, you need 1F capacitor per 1000W peak. So for your amp, you need 2F - 3F capacitor. Even if you get HO alternator, a cap will be required for smooth tight bass.
FYI, I bought my HO from 4alterstart.com.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us