Which amp for the $$

kklagge
Unregistered guest
I have pretty limited space where I need to put an amp so I'm going with a 4-channel and going to run 2-channels @4ohm & 2-channels @2ohm and I need some opinions on which to get for the most bang for my buck (and which would be cleaner):

Lanzar HTG434 (4x150@4 - 4x250@2) $134

MA Audio HK597 (4x200@4 - 4x400@2) $200

Soundstream VGA500.4 (4x125@4 - 4x250@2) $269

I'm not really tied to a tight budget just really tight on space so I need a 4-channel amp w/good power that isn't wider than 16" or so.

I've used Lanzar before and I know they're nowhere near the best but I was happy with what I got out of them.

Any help or insights to these amps would be appreciated, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 424
Hey kklagge, if those are your 3 choices, I'd go with MA Audio HK597, SoundStream VGA500.4, and then my last choice would be Lanzar.
You can download MA Audio's amp pdf manual at their website.

kklagge
Unregistered guest
Thanks....is MA stuff any good?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 431
MA Audio is like any other brands. They have come cheap ones and good ones. I wouldn't consider them to be among Rockford/Kicker/JL/US Amps etc... but it's better than Pyrmaid/Boss/Sony and few other brands. That model HK597, is a good one.
Have you considered getting 2 smaller sized 2 channel amp? I've done that. Some of the 4 channels are quiet large in size.
Check out JL/Kicker/Rockford too. Even if you can't afford it. Got nothing to lose by looking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us