Dynaudio System 360 vs. Boston Acoustics Z series

Bronze Member
Username: 96_caprice_22

Post Number: 18
Which would be better system 360 or z series? I've heard the z series and they are awesome. never listened to the system 360, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Both are pretty much the same price. I noticed that the z series are 3 ohm speakers. would it be a problem finding a good amp for them? also if I had the system 360, would it be better to mount the midbass in the door and the midrange and tweeter in kick panels or the midbass in the door, midrange in kick panels and the tweeter in dash or A pillar or what? And what would be a good amp for each?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6435
3 or 4 ohm won't make much difference really.
speaker placement will depend entirely on the system and the vehicle.
have you checked with Dyn to find a local authorized dealer for an audition?
or gone to their site to read reviews?

as for amps, the system 360 does great with about 200wRMS x 2. easiest way to get that at 4 ohms is to find an amplifier rated for 50wRMS x 4 @ 4 ohms, and bridge it to two channels.
that'll give you 200 x 2 @ 4 ohms

Bronze Member
Username: 96_caprice_22

Post Number: 25
But most amps list power in either 4 ohm or 2 ohm operation so if an amp was 100x2 @ 4 ohms and 200x2 @ 2 ohms, what would it be @ 3 ohms and how would I wire it to the Z series?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 263
You would wire the Z series the same way you would a normal 2 way set up. Wire from amp to input on crossover, then from crossover to the speakers. Unless you decide to biamp the them.
On the same note I have always been impressed by boston acoustic speakers. So I am sure you will be very happy with the Z series.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6506
100 x 2 @ 4 ohms
150 x 2 @ 3 ohms
200 x 2 @ 2 ohms

the math is pretty self-evident there.
google "Ohm's Law"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts