Wiring at 1 OHM

frank4
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to wire 2 subs into a mono amp and have 1 OHM impendance DVC or SVC? cheers

frank

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 259
dvc 4 ohm using a series/parallel wiring

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6001
yes, if the amp is 1 ohm stable.
you'd use two dual 4 ohm coil subs, or two single coil 2 ohm subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 16
Anyone got a diagram for this wiring? I just wired by dual 4ohm DVC's into a 1ohm load. How do the terminals on a mono amp look? 1 pos and 1 neg?
So then would you just stick both 2 wires into each terminal?

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 265
yes put all your positives in the positive terminal and do the same with the negative. Follow Glasses advice, my advice would have left you at a 4 ohm load, but heres a diagram to help yah out http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 49
here is another example from the Kicker site.
http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?filename=speakers-faq.html&menu=SUPPORT#2

frank4
Unregistered guest
cheers thats sound, I got 2 4 OHm DVC subs do i wire these in parallel or series?

frank33
Unregistered guest
sorry i just looked at the diagram dont worry thanks for your help!

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 23
Thanks for the advice on the 1 channel amp
Joseph, even though I'm not going to wire it like that, I was looking at the first option #3 on your link and it has 1 sub directly connected to the other - how do you do that physically?

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 268
What kind of subs and amp do you have? that option if oyu have 2 4ohm dvc sub would leave you at an 8 ohm load. That would make any amp sound really weak. If you dont want to go down to a 1 ohm load try going to a 4, just about every amp can handle a 4 ohm load. just a series/parallel config heres another link http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 30
I have 2 4ohm DVC audiobahn AW1006T's and audiobahn A2300HCT 1ohm stable amp. I got it down to 1ohm. Was just wonder how to do that option #3 physically? how do you connect 1 sub to the other? or did i misunderstand?

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 274
You would connect from one coil to then next one on the other sub. I know it looks kinda tricky but the way i learned I would make a diagram in this case you would just print it up and and just do one wire at a time lol. You will get it.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 32
Ok. What I was aiming at is if you have a dual sealed box, how do you even get the wires from one chamber to the other?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us