Jensen?

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 219
how are Jensen subs..i mean i see em everywhere..

Bronze Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 36
i had a pair of jensen subs and put them in a bandpass box about a year ago as my first system and they didnt sound too bad and i never had any problems with them, i mean they arent really loud and the SQ isnt great but they werent bad as a starter sub

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 185
All Jensen stuff is pretty sorry. The reason you see alot of it is that it is cheap and most people don't know any better. Just remember this, in car stereo you get what you pay for.

Bronze Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 43
Yes you get what you pay for but for $30 a sub you really cant go wrong with jensen, if you have very little money to spend. When i just turned 16 i didnt know any better and i was happy with the jensens, and i had no problems with them, nothing special at all, but better than stock for very cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 221
thx for your feedback guyz.. i mean i've only herd Jensen like in home stereo and like tweeters in cars... so i was j/w thx yall

Username: Crf250johnson

Splendora, Texas USA

Post Number: 2
LOL! right now my 2 stupit Jensen 3 year old 12's sound better then my brand new MOFO-10. Whats up with that? LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 85
i used 4 jensen 12"s in my previous car and they sounded very good and got fairly loud. but the best part was their efficiency spec of 93dB/1W/1M = lots of bass with only 300 watts.

no, they aren't the best, but for the money they are a great starter sub. just goes to show that in the right box, any sub is a good sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 86
oh, i still have two of these subs in like new condition, still in the box if anyone wants to buy one or both.

here is a bit of info:

"Jensen's JSW124 is one damn-nice-looking $80 subwoofer. It has a very sharp white-painted steel frame, a white magnet cover, and a pair of gold-plated 5-way binding posts... the subwoofer has substantial SPL, over 120dB at 50Hz with low distortion."

-Tom Nousaine, Car Stereo Review

rms power: 175 watts

in-car frequency response (measured by tom nousaine): 12Hz-100Hz +/- 3.44dB in a 1.5 cu ft box. this was better performance than another previously tested sub costing $240.

max spl: 120.7dB w/less than 10% distortion in 1.5 cu ft box

Help2
Unregistered guest
Jensed used to make really good quality home stereo
equipment...especially thier enclosures.
Used to...meaning in the 70s.
Generally speaking, they dont make good products
anymore.

Bronze Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 70
I bought one of those off of Aaron and their pretty damn good, First time I'm trying Jensen car audio. Their not bad I must say.

Thanks Aaron for the sub!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us