4000 Watt

Username: Nerdmans

Post Number: 1
Hello everybody!

This is my first post here.
Well this is the story:

I recently have bought a 4000 W amplifier in the Netherlands ( where i live)
It produces 4000 W rms @ 2 ohm.

Now i want to buy a subwoofer 15 inch that kan handle this amount of power and convert it into a stunningly loud bass.
I am looking for spl combined with SQ.

I once listened to some spl speakers from MTX, RE (mt 15), but that was just F*kking Loud.

I am willing to give up a few DB to gain in Quality.

I was Thinking for instance at the Ground zero Plutonium 15 inch. This baby can do 5000 W rms ( 1250 W rms per coil).

If there are competitors i would like to hear about it. Money isn't realy an issue..

Thanks for the input.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 295
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9900b

Username: Nerdmans

Post Number: 3
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 305
i have dd 9900's burped my dd9915's with over 10000rms watts each, they will handle your amp. but just because they can handle high power doesnt mean they're strictly a spl sub, in fact on the contrary they're an sq woofer that has a few tweeks to withstand extreme sound pressure levels. DD9900 series woofers are the most logical choice. you wont be able to find single person that disagrees with DD's quality, durability, and performance.
(i'm world champion superstock, a world record holder, and i thank digital designs for the outstanding woofers that i used)

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 250
what kind of amp is that? 4000 watts at 2 ohms thats pretty good if i'm not mistaken..what brand is that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us