Zapco 500.1 powering 2 subs

Bronze Member
Username: Ha_split_lf

Post Number: 24
would it be possible to power two jl 12w6v2 subs with just one because im getting a second sub and i jsut dont have the cash to drop on a second 500.1 any thoughts or suggestions about what i could do?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
is it possible?

Username: K12azy

ARCADIA, CALIFORNIA U.S.A

Post Number: 2
yea its possible i was going to get those subs before for my JL audio 500.1 Amplifier but instead i got (2)12" Alpine Type R's and dat sh1t pounds but you might need to get a Multi-Channel Amplifier to power your Component Speakers otherwise all u gonna hear is Bass.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Wait just looked back and im talking about the zapco reference 500.1 i want to put it to my 2 12w6v2's but im not sure if its one ohm stable or it would be worth it because of the loss of power on the small amp.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 341
Hey Joe, why did you mention 1 ohms? Your 2 subs will equal to 2 ohms if they're 4ohms DVC to start with.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I know, my friend said that if i got a third I could wire them so that they will be at 1 ohm is this true?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Also i would wire them together since its a mono amp and be in 1 or 4... and i think that if i had 3 together in 2.5 ohms or a little less than one and wouldnt i be able to run the voice coils in parallel/parallel down at 1ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 390
Opps I made a boo boo, if you have 2 4ohm DVC subs, it'll give you 1ohm in parallel mode. Sorry about the mistake. If you get a 3rd sub, it'll give you less than 1 ohms, not a good idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us