Coustic 420XR any good?

Username: Jwbulger79

Post Number: 4
I found a used Coustic 420XR on eBay and I was wondering how much I should pay for it. The description says it's "like new" and the pictures look ok, however the seller only has 4 feedbacks, so I'm somewhat wary. Have you guys had positive experiences with buying used amps on eBay? If I do buy the amp, can I take it to a local car audio shop and have them check it out? Will they be able to tell if it's in good shape? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I will initially use the amp with my Alpine CDA-9827, Front: 4" Polk 2-ways, Back: 6"x9" Polk 3-ways. These speakers were in my truck when I bought it and I will soon upgrade to kicker or Alpine components in the front and a 10" Alpine SWS 1042D sub. Will this amp work with the new setup. I guess I'm looking for 50Wx4 RMS for less than $150 and want to stay with a good brand, even if I have to buy used.
Oh yeah, a little off topic, but when I do upgrade to components and a sub, should I still use the 6x9's in the back seat and if so, should i use the HU to power them? I have an SUV and I thought since the 6x9's would already be there, I might as well keep them for the backseat passengers. What do you guys think? Thank you in advance. I have learned so much about car audio from all of you since I found this site, I really appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us