Somebody please help

peter griffin
Unregistered guest
I have an ma audio hk1397 amp powering my subs.I've got a distribution block with 4 ga. wire going into it and a small piece of 8 ga running to the amp and another piece to another amp for components. I am barely getting any output from the ma amp at all. I can't figure it out. I thought maybe it was the rca cables or something so i pulled them out and when i did you could really here and see the sub move but it won't when there plugged in.Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 260
do you mean you pulled the rca's completly out and the sub started working? Or when you pulled them part way out the sub started working?

If it's the latter, I'd get a new set of rca's

peter griffin
Unregistered guest
It was when i pulled them partly out

peter griffin
Unregistered guest
It was when i pulled them partly out

peter griffin
Unregistered guest
anybody

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 421
cop some new RCA's

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 261
Well that's 2 of us that agree you need some new rca's

Silver Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 139
i think i know what u mean. when u move the rca's slightly, it creates something like static or, dont know how to explain it, but by moving it, it sends current to the amp and makes them move. in that case, i think from the amp input to the subs, current is flowing. the problem has to be before the input on the amp. it could be anything from the rca's, HU, or any type of crossoverrs. basically, anything on the pathway of the HU output and amp input. i would start by replacing the cheapest , or at least, hooking up the rca's to the mids into the amp for the subs. if u get any sound, replace the rca's. if not, check the above mentioned.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 253
Hey guy, what are you doing with 8 gauge wire on that amp?? You'll melt it sooner or later. You should be using 4 gauge at least or lower. If you really want to find the problem, get a walkman or cd player and attach it to the amp's input. Have the volume down to zero and then slowly turn it up. Oh adjust the amp's gain level to 250mv.
If you get sound then there's nothing with the amp, then you can concentrate on the rca and HU.

Silver Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 141
actually, there shouldnt be much of a problem with the 8 if its at really short distance from the dist block and the amp. he does need that 4 to run from the front of the car to the back though, long distance
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us