Will subs overpower?

danny11
Unregistered guest
Im thinking of getting 2 200 watt RMS subs and getting some decent speakers running off the HU (4x50)im thinking im gunna get way to much bass, am i right? of course i have treble adjustment etc on my headunit would this help? any ifo much appreciated, thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 468
Hey Danny, the HU will not supply 50W to your speakers. It's more like 13-17W. I know you feel like you've been had but that's the truth. Thanks to the shotty marketing lies, most people think 50W not 15W.
Anyhow, the subs will overpower your stock speakers at high volume. The only way to fix that is to get 2nd 4 channel amp for your front and rear.

danny11
Unregistered guest
oh right thanks, I just checked up on the actual RMS power and its 33x4 doh! lol, how high volume do you mean?

cheers

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 485
You will notice that around mid level or close to there, the sub will overpower the rest of the sounds. It happened to me, that is why I had to get 4 channel amp. Don't worry, it won't be a waste of money cause I'm not regretting. In fact, my front and rear speakers sound lot better at high volumes. No more distortion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us