Jbl bp2200 help

Username: Powersupply

Indiana

Post Number: 1
I have a problem setting up my system. It consists of alpine cd with 4 volt outputs. 220 amp alternator, big 3 upgrade as well as all power and ground to dual 4 guage. two optima batteries and a 15 farad cap. Jl 300/4 for my jl components. A crown/jbl bp2200.1 and 2 adire audio brahma 15's. The brahmas are in a solid box 1.5" thick sealed, 2 cubes per side internal. My problem is that the bass is just not as loud as I think it should be. I think I dont have the subs and amp wired correctly. The subs are dual 2 ohm coils (actually 1.3 per adires manual). The amp puts out 1800 at 1 ohm bridged and 2450 at 4 ohms bridged. But there are different ways of doing it per the jbl manual. However the book controls do not match my amp exactly. They show a switch labeled 2ch/br, mine shows 4ohm on off. I have tried so many configurations and I end up with moderate volume, some clipping and the amp shutting down for a second. Or is this amp not as good as what I hoped for? I have had a mmatts d300hc that seemed to put out much more power, a ppi a1200 that put out much more power and a jbl 1200 that seemed equal, it just doesnt seem right. I must have something wrong. I have the subs voice coils in series in the box to the terminals. I have then tried bridging the amp and running in parrallel, and series. Now I am running in stereo. No noticable difference either way. Input sensitivity at 3/4, crossover at about 120, direct bass optimization at 45hz and bass boost at 1/4. Can anyone give me an idea of how to wire this setup?
Thanks
Chad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us