Rockford Fosgate RFX9420 w/ Omni HiFi, good or bad?

Bronze Member
Username: Karthalin

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 35
Alrighty, how does this sound, its an idea I want to put together in my car in January.

Head unit is the RF RFX9420, why you ask? Cause its their top of the line Head Unit, has no amplifier, 3 8V pre-outs and 2 inputs. I am definetly getting the Omni HiFi system (20Gig hard drive with wireless LAN to d/l music onto with my home PC while my car is in the driveway; owned by Rockford Fosgate). Have some nice 400Wx4ch amp to my componants and a nice 1200W amp to my subs, whatever they may be.

I just wanted some quick opinions/insight regarding the Omni HiFi and RF RFX9420 combo. Any installers out there have a problem with this? (Glass and others) Anyone running this setup, or just the Omni HiFi? Can anyone think of a better head unit to use with the Omni HiFi?
(By better I am talking about pre-out voltage, internal amp, # of pre-outs, built in equalizier, price, and compatability with Omni HiFi)

Also, how is the tuning capabilities of this head unit (i.e. 3 band eq, 5 band, just Bass/Treble? I cant find it at their web site)

Bronze Member

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 37
Anyone, anyone at all have any idea about this stuff?

Username: Boylez

Post Number: 4
i ordered the rockford omni hifi to go with my alpine 9831 hu. i haven't gotten it yet but it looks amazing. so far i love the 9831.

Bronze Member

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 38
Did u need to get an adapter for the Omni to go into the Alpine? Will it just plug right in and the two will communicate well with each other? Would the Omni communicate Better with a Rockford HU?

Are you installing yourself or having it proffesionally done? Post some pics when you do get it done, I would love to see it. Thanx fer the response man!

Username: Boylez

Post Number: 5
yeah, i ordered an alpine aux adapter from crutchfield.com which allows me to use the cd changer input as an auxiliary source. it should just plug in, and then i will swtich the headunit over to aux and it should work. i think the omni will communicate good with just about any headunit that has an auxiliary in...just don't use an FM modulator

i'm installing it myself...i'll post pics when i do...i think i'm going to take out my ashtray, mount the omni headunit there, and then place the hard drive under the seat.

where did you order yours from? i ordered from amazon.com and it's been almost 4 weeks and still not here.

Bronze Member

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 40
I have not ordered mine yet. I am designing my entire system at once and I plan on making one huge purchase proboly next week or late January, all depends on financing and if I can decide on what I actually am going to get.

Proboly getting it from Magnolia HiFi though (no ordering) its 199.00 right now, but my Land Lord is the manager at a store in Seattle. I'm sure he can hook me up with it for a lil bit cheaper.

Bronze Member

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 45
Update: I finally found the 1-800 number for Rockford, after speaking with a tech, I am NOT getting the 9420. It is not what I am looking for :-( It doesnt turn red, it doesnt have any EQ settings except bass/treble. The only thing its good for is the 8V Pre Outs. Back to Alpine/Eclipse brands to look at, doh... I really wanted a rockford one too cause they go red! Hurumph!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us