RICHARD WAGNER blew my damn Audiobahn

bobb
Unregistered guest
I am not sure if it was track 1, Die Meistersinger von Nurmberg - Overture or perhaps track 3, Lohengrim - Act 3 prelude and Bridal Chorus, but I was motoring up to the Hampshires and for some reason my "kick a$$ crazyyyy" Audiobahn subwoofer is now not acting properly. I am not sure if I was playing too loudly or what? I am sure it is not the quality of the equipment as the stereo professionals at Odd Lots specifically recommended this Audiobahn subwoofer and Pyramid amplifier. They said that it is "specially enahnced to complement the acoustics of my Volvo".

Any thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 49
has the audiobahn woofer ever acted properly :-) sorry bob, i hate these woofers

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5864
ya know, I had the same thing happen on my way to Compton for the swap-meet, when I was listening to Zamphir and his pan flute, when all six of my Soundstorm subs started to smoke... I know the Rockwood amplifier was fine, because it was nice and hot.. I mean I burned myself when I touched it, so it was driving really hard, right?

the lamp cord I used from the battery, wire-tied to the drive shaft, and run into the trunk for a power cable was a little singed around the amp terminals, but it smells fine, so that's not my problem.
I think it was just too loud in the car, and the sound pressure pushed in the subs.. they blew themselves up from too much SPL.

what do you all think!!?11111?>>?!>!????????????????????????

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5865
oh, and would my system hit harder if I used two 9 volts instead of the fuse box that's only 12 volts for my amplifier????????
that'd be 18 volts, right????????

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5866
OH AND I HAVE A 40 FERID CAPASITER TOO.
HOW DO I WIRE IT TO MY AMP SO MY LIGHTS STOP DIMMING WHEN THE BASS HITS???????????????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 39
man my legacy must be awesome because it so hot that i cooked my breakfast on it. and then i used my pyle subs to flip my pancakes. i was jamming out to little johnathan, number six is awesome.

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 40
i use 30 double a's and a battery from my fespa. as far as capasiduhickeys i use 5 50 farad ones so my pyles will never plow and my battery in the pinto wont die, check me out on cardomain.com

bobb
Unregistered guest
Batteries? Power wire? The guys at Odd Lots "Crazy Auido Shop and Snow Cone Stand" have the premium Pyramid ampliphier plugged in the lighter socket. It gets so hot I can still light my Cubans from it so I don't need the lighter socket anymore. Perhaps they did something they should not have? I have not whipped out my Zamphier and his Pan Flute CD yet, as I am still making it it ripped with downloaded mp3's from my AOL dial up connection and it does take a while. Perhaps I should look at one of the other subwoofers I have read about here, for example a 18" Stroker or 15" RE Triple X so the Pan Flute will really "pound"?

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 41
you gotta love that pan flute, they have great snocones. i'd go with the B.J. triple X.

Sucubus
Unregistered guest
Man you guys are cool...
I thought no one else liked legacy and soundstorm.
Its super-cool cuz my heater broke on my car,
and now my amps get so hot I dont need to fix it!
Also, my 2 funky pup 32" get all hot
and smell like an electrical fire, so I dont need
an air freshener.
Also my new rampage deck has a CD player in it.
It doesnt work too often, but the SQ is unbelieveable.
cool huh?!?!?!?!
Oh...Do I need a capaceter?? cuz my brother told me I need one cuz if my lights are dimming people
will see that and then they will know I have a system and then they might steal it because its bumping
so hard that my lights dim alot and then they can tell I have a good system and they might steal it because they saw my lights dim.
Thanks!@!!@!#!#!
:-)

Jason Hoover
Unregistered guest
YES! get a cap. if people see you headlights dimming and they steal ur amps what are u gonna do for heat when its cold?

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 238
Actually to get the maximum out of your electrical system and to power your amps correctly you need to replace all the fuses in your fuse box with 100 amp fuses or higher; doing this will insure that all your electronic components get the maximum level of current possible. Then another old trick is to open the battery cells and suck out the old acid with a straw at least once a month replacing it with fresh works toilet bowl cleaner and some tinfoil.

Lol @ glass "the lamp cord I used from the battery, wire-tied to the drive shaft"

I actually had a friend who tied rope to his drive shaft to keep his exhaust pipe up against the body when one of the mounts broke lololol; you could imagine the results...

Bronze Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 58
Don't get a capaceter, get a solar panel and put it on the trunk of your car. This will stop your lights from dimming during the day. At night just shut the lights off and no one will know that you have a rad system.

Jason Hoover
Unregistered guest
Lucas! great help Now sucubus wont ever lose his system!!! I was gonna tell him to get a windmill then when he drives it would spin it..it would be like a new spoiler..

bobb
Unregistered guest
Should I really do all this or you guys pulling my leg? I just wanted some help, gee wiz....

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 15
You guys are all out of your mind. To get the most out of your amp, and believe me, I tried this, you need to run the lamp cord to the muffler bearing first, then to the spitzer valve, and THEN wire-tie it to the drive shaft. It shouldn't singe at all around the amp terminals. Btw, you really should do this, it will make a 2 channel 50 watt rms amp run at 2793 watts rms per channel.

Bronze Member
Username: Bananakrill

Benicia, California

Post Number: 24
I've been looking at this forum for years and now I know to git a capacatitator. Rite now whin I bump my "How to speak Spanish" jam CD track # 32 - los numeros, my stock battery powered hand fan spins like a tornado is blowing through my cab. I have a gerbil running on an aluminum wheel which powers the pump that pushes water through the hydro-electric dam station set up under my tires that feeds ohms and ohms of electrisity to my three new triangle shaped speakers I got from a the newest real company sonfordclipseBL. I never heared loudest base in my hole life.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us