Need wiring/amp help

Username: Aledub

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
ok, im pretty new at this so anything will help I have a pioneer deck, 50X4 2 5" sony speakers at the front and two 5x7 sony speakers at the back, rears are 100w max and fronts are probably the same, they are currently running off of the deck, I have 2 pioneer TSA6960R 6by9's at the back and i just got the KAC 529S amp from kenwood to power them, how should i hook them up, its a cheap amp so i want max power to the 6 9's and i dont know how i will achieve that, or should i use the amp to run the other speakers, any help would be greatly appreciated, Alex

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
oh and here is a .pdf referance i found for the amp, to be honest its jibberish to me and i dont know where to start http://www.kenwoodeurope.com/languages/EN/support/manuals/KAC-829~729S~629S~529S %20(EN).pdf

Bronze Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 63
Wire your 6x9's in parallel to one channel. And parallel your front set of speakers to the other channel. This will give you 60 watts to each set of speakers. You can then need to use your balance to fade from front to back. By parallel I mean to wire the positive from one speaker to the positive of the other and then to the amp. Do the same with the negative side. This will give max power from your amp with a loss in sound quality. Otherwise just wire each 6x9 into its own channel on the amp.

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
what if I connected the 6 by nines in parallel and used them off of the amp and left the other four to use off of the deck, is that possible? and if i connect each 6 by nine in its own channel what kind of power will i get?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us