Alpine V12 MRV-T420?

Username: Europa1808

Post Number: 3
Would this amp be adequate to power my 10" Infinity Kappa Perfect DVC? The sub is rated for 175 watts per coil.

This V12 is rated for 170x2 @ 2 Ohms....14.4 volts.

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=1024#fe

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 278
Hey David, if you put the amp in bridged mode, you will get more power (340W). If your sub is DVC 2ohms then connect it in series for 4ohms total. If it's DVC 4ohms, then turn it into 2 ohms by connecting it in parallel. Hopefully your amp will be able to handle 2 ohms bridged. If not, get an external fan, it really helps.

Post Number: 4
Its a 4 ohm DVC sub. I'm asking if I should buy this amp.

I bought the sub about 2 months ago not knowing the reason for 2 Ohm and 4 ohm DVC subs.

No mention of a fan on this model. Whats a good external fan that I could buy online?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 287
That'll depend on the price. If you're getting a good deal then go ahead. If not, there are other choices.
The fan I was talking about is a computer cpu fan. You'll need some experience with electronics before you can attach it yourself. What I did with my amp was to drill a hole big enough for the fan and screwed it onto the amp case. Then I took one of the 5v terminals inside the amp and connected to it. So whenever the amp kicks in, the fan turns on. If your not that comfortable doing that, you can get 12v fan and just use the power wires.

Post Number: 5
Its $200 including shipping. I'm not looking at spending anymore than $200 for an amp since I don't plan to upgrade to more than one sub. This sub will be used in a small convertible. I can easily do the wiring like you said, but wouldn't want to drill a hole in the case until the warrenty is up.

A CPU fan was exactly what I was thinking about using!

Thanks for the help so far.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us