Cant figure out !!

Bronze Member
Username: Bassfreak596

Post Number: 23
somebody suggested me to go for the Eclipse sw8122dvc (1000w 500rms)sub.
but i dont know which amp will be good for it.

also will Eclipse sw9122(1500w 750rms) be a better option ?

will it make a big difference between the two ?

please suggest me with an amp which can run the 8122 and will not be too underpowered for the 9122 in case i ever buy that one.

i had thought of jbl bp600.1 / kicker kx 600.1
are these good enough ? anything other than this you can suggest ?

i know too many questions but
please help me.

Bronze Member
Username: Ohiopilot

Post Number: 22
Brand selection is one-part technical specs, three-parts personal pr

Simpe rule of amps: The goal is to find one that comes close to, but not exceeds, the RMS rating of the speaker(s).

Modifier Rule One: Every speaker has a range, RMS is an ideal value for continuous operation. The speaker's tech support can help you determine how much tolerance you have to go above and below that magic number.

Modifier Rule Two: Most speakers operate at PEAK efficiency at between 75%-85% of RMS rated power, not 100%

With those rules in mind, I personally, if told to meet your situation, would look for a brand I liked at around 600W RMS. I would also call Eclipse and verify that 600 is okay for the 8122. I'll bet cash it is.

Depending on how rough you use them, though, I might change amps when I changed the sub. Hard-thrashed amps wear out just like hard-thrashed subs. It all comes down to useage.

Hope that helps. It's my personal opinion, and I'm sure there are many different ones out there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us