Remote wire is not working?

Username: L33

Post Number: 1
my deck's remote wire (power antena) is messed
when i hook it to my amp.....it does nothing.
is there any way i can hook it to a fuse in my dash.
or anything i can do to correct this?

Damien R.
Unregistered guest
Yes, choose and remove a non-critical fuse (one that will render the car driveable if it blows) and wrap the rem. wire around one of the fuse prongs and shove it back in the fuse box. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Noblemobile

Van Nuys, CA USA

Post Number: 24
Or a better method would be to use the cars acc. wire. Use a T-Tap or butt connector & connect the three wires. Never a great idea to use the fuse box.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 177
What is wrong with using the fuse box?

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 180
I know for me i never use the fuse box because everything in there already has its own purpose so I dont want to put stress on anythign in there. The acc wire from the rear of your radio will do fine. the amp will cut off an on with your ignition.

Username: Lefty53

Post Number: 1
Hey, is it possible for the remote wire in my deck to go bad?

Bronze Member
Username: Noblemobile

Van Nuys, CA USA

Post Number: 31
Yes it is. Not worth the cost to fix it. Find another Switched wire in the fuse box or just use the acc. wire from the radio to make the amp work again.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 156
Hello? Why not use the remote out wire instead of the power antenna wire that is only hot when the radio is on? If you do not have a remote out then tie into the acc wire a few inches down from your radio. Do not just hook a wire into the fuse box. It can draw to many amps, overheat, and in some cases cause fire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us