Glasswolf ???Kicker L5 with Mtx RT2400x Amp

Abyss_Omega
Unregistered guest
Hi I just got a Kicker L5 sub and hooked it up to a Mtx RT2400x amp. I was wondering if thats a good setup. Seems to me that they should go together well. As The sub is 600rms and the amp is around 750rms. But the thing is I'm not to sure on the best way to wire it together. So if anyone has any input plz respond

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif
if wired that way, ull get 300wRMS from that amp.
750wRMS IF Bridged into 4ohms, not possiable.

Abyss_Omega
Unregistered guest
Ok but do you think that 300rms would do the trick for the one sub ? Or would I need a more powerful amp

Bronze Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 12
No, just one more sub, so you can drop the load on the amp. If you can't fit another sub...go dual voice coil.

Abyss_Omega
Unregistered guest
K thing is the sub is a dual 4ohm voice coil. But I can only do a 2-ohm or 8-ohm load with it. The amp can only do 4-ohm or 2-ohm. The best I can get for a 2-ohm is 300rms times 2 and since the sub is at 600rms i was thinking i could still run it with the 300rms as subs rms is normally not as high as they say.

Abyss_Omega
Unregistered guest
K thing is the sub is a dual 4ohm voice coil. But I can only do a 2-ohm or 8-ohm load with it. The amp can only do 4-ohm or 2-ohm. The best I can get for a 2-ohm is 300rms times 2 and since the sub is at 600rms i was thinking i could still run it with the 300rms as subs rms is normally not as high as they say.
Prolly should have told you full specs srry

Anonymous

Keep in mind the amp is only 500 watts at 12 volts:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us