Apline Type X /Amp

Username: Dev

Poo vill, Bc Canada

Post Number: 3
im picking up a pair of type X 12 inc subs, now, in order for thease to be powerd the right way wat kinda amp/system would i have to get. iv looked at all the alpine amps , but im not quite sure witch one 2 get, some one please help !!!

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 135
Hey James, what is the power rating of the subs? Don't look at the peak power, instead try the rms.
If you're going to use the 2 subs in parallel, then look for 2 ohms stable amps.
Just remember, powerful amp without proper wiring will cause lot of fuse burnout. Depending on your amp, you might also need alterntor upgrade. So don't go overboard, buy the model that's right for your car. Oh one more thing, do invest no a Capacitor. It'll help achieve smooth tight bass.

ALize
Unregistered guest
The rating of the Alpine Type X 12 inch i believe is 400 watts RMS, 1000 watts peak.. and i also heard something about a recall on their earlier subs.. i'm sorry i can't be more specific but i can't remember what it was... I hope they fix/fixed the problem, i'd love to hear a pair of those Type X's

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
Hey Alize, if it's Alpine that you want, then look for Class D amp for the subs. It'll use less power than class AB. If you're not too picky, there are other brands like kicker, Rockford, JL, MTX, Audiobahn, MA Audio.
I'd look for 500W rms and 1ohms stable, if not 2ohms at least.

Username: Martscorsa

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 1
i have the mrp-m350 alpine amp and a 1000w 12"jbl i have the speaker sat on a shelf made of mdf me and a mate made i was wonderin if i could huck another 1000w jbl speaka to the amp and how thanks?

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
Hey Martyn, that'll depend on the amp. If it's 2 ohms stable, connect the subs in parallel mode. That is you wire the plus of one speaker to plus on the 2nd speaker, minus to minus. This will make the 4 ohms into 2 ohms. Now connect it to the amp.
Now if your subs are Dual Voice coil type, then connect each voice coil in parallel, plus to plus and minus to minus. This will make each speaker 2 ohms. Now you take both speakers and connect them in Series. That is connect one plus to minus of another speaker. Now use the opposite ends for plus and minus. This will make 2 ohms into 4 ohms for the amp.
Hope that helps.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 225
The Type X RMS 400 watts!? lol the RMS of the Type X is 1,000 watts and 3,000 watts peak... I am a personal fan of Alpine's V12 Series class D digital amp ever since I purchased one; just an awesome amp... The retail value of them is VERY pricey but you can get them from www.etronics.com for great prices. I also found these amps to be way underrated (like many alpine products) this amp actually puts out 607 Watts as apposed to the stated 550; the MRD-M1001 puts out over 1000 of clean power.

Some cool V12 features:

* Variable turn on delay

* Thermal Management Processor - turns down your volume notches at a time once it senses its getting to be to hot so your music doesn't stop and the amp runs safely.

* Digital Control Center with VFD Information Display (Voltage, Current, and Temp Indicator)

* Bass Engine DSP(Gain Factor, Parametric EQ, Crossover, Time Correction, Phase Control, Subsonic Filter, Bass Compensator Modes)

*Subwoofer Phase Control : Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°)

*Time Correction Adjustment Range : 0 - 10 mSec. (0.1mSec. Steps)

* Full digital control -- Pop the brushed aluminum lid and watch the LCD screen because all the controls are made from the touch of a few buttons.

* Alpine Amplifier Link Ready - an Amplifier Link unit that lets you connect as many as eight of these powerhouses and control them from the head unit or control bass knob.

Alpine is honest about their power ratings as well; they post the output in accordance to the volts, load, & THD+N. This amp was one of the first to be rated by the CEA-2006 standard.

Unregistered guest
I was looking at that amp the other day, looks good I may buy it now.

Username: Martscorsa

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 2
yes its a nice lookin amp to and not that much ££££££ i have a question if anyone can help i got my jbl gt4-12" 1000w speaker on a parcel shelf i made and ive just built a box made out of mdf to seal off the back of the speaka will this make the bass sound tighter if anyone can help thans. :-)Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us