Kenwood Amp Problems

Username: C12698

Oklahoma

Post Number: 1
I have a kenwood kac-929 and it worked great for awhile. Then all the sudden it quit sending power to the subs and the power light on the amp comes on for a second or two then it will go off and on like it was shorting out. All wires and everything is hooked up correctly. Is there something wrong inside the amp that I need to get fixed or whats the deal???????

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 213
That is what happened to my amp when it took a crap.

Silver Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 132
ive experienced that with non- car audio equipment i had before. had to read schematics and re solder new parts in there. the bottom line is, some capacitors or resistors in the ampp might get loose and loose contact once in a while, or they might be getting too thin, which reduces the conductivity and might be clipping or shutting ur amp down. i definately think theres something wrong with the amp. what u can try to do is connect a borrowed amp to the same wiring. if its good, 100% ur amp. if its still not good, check for remote , gauges on the wires made to specs, melted(could happen) or grounded cables

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 43
Maybe take it to a Kenwood dealer and see if they can service it. See how much it will be to service, maybe it'll save you some money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us