Connecting my monitor to the fuse box

Unregistered guest
HELP! I'm a newbie that just bought a stand alone headrest mounting monitor. My problem is that I don't know exactly how to wire into the fuse box to provide power and don't want to mess with it, seeing as how I don't know how much about the how the supply works! Thanks in advance!

Username: Wutupdawg

Champaign/s. beloit, Il Us

Post Number: 1
best thing to do- find the radio fuse the give you self about a inch wire lead and wrap your wire over one leg of the fuse or you can pull the radio out and hook your wire to the accesory stuf

Unregistered guest
i need to know if i can hook up a ps2 (playstation 2) to my headrest monitor and how

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 35
We need info on the headrest monitor before anyone will be able to help you mate...

Cheers Glenn

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 69
wrap the wire around the..<slap>
that is just wrong. if he does it to the wrong side, the fuse offers no protection.

best bet is to connect it to an accessory wire under the dash. you'll need a test light.
your looking for a wire that turns on and off with the key. and also turns off when you start the car. you'll connect the 12+ wire to that.
the ground wire you'll just connect to either the main ground under the dash <if> or just sand the paint off a spot of sheet metal and ground it there with a screw.

if all of this sounds to technical or like too much work. take it to an installer. they'll take care of you.

Unregistered guest
You could always do what I did and eliminate your 12V cigarette lighter and use those already fused + and - to wire your headrest monitor; alot of people would not agree to this but since I have done it with four monitors (2 sunvisors and 2 headrest) I haven't had a problem. If any body can tell me why this would be bad or wrong I am always open to suggestions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us