Factory Head Unit 2000 Civic

Username: Jaydeeh19

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Help! Shortly after I purchased my 2000 Civic Si, I installed the head unit from my previous car, a Pioneer DEH-P8000R. I did an excellent install job w/ a harness and have had no probs since then but now after about 4 years that stereo has started to crap out on me. The unit still works but the buttons are worn and the automated displays is gone. That's understandable, it's four years old. My problem is now I'm attempting to put my factory head unit back in until I can afford another pricey system and I'm coming up scratching my head. This should just be a plug and play but I'm not getting any power to the unit at all. Fuse is ok, wiring is definitely ok, everything was reinstalled the same it was when I bought the car brand new. After fumbling around w/ ideas for a day or two I removed the system again and tried to put the Pioneer back in and it won't work at all now. This leads me to believe it's an electrical problem but where??? Any help would be great.

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 2
I should add that when I first plugged the factory unit back in, the "Theft LED" began to blink red indicating that it was getting some power. I knew I was gonna have to enter the security code if I powered the unit on so I didn't bother but rather finished the installation and put the dash panels back on. Sometime during that process the light stopped blinking and it never has since then.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 147
Hey Jason, why don't you get a meter and measure the power wires? If there's no power, then maybe the fuse blew? Check your fuse panel, and look for car radio.
I can't believe they actually put theft code on cheap HU. I mean the stock radios are worth no more than $50. I think it's a waste of time.

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 3
Isaac,

Thank you for replying. I haven't measured the power wires yet but i know the fuse is not blown. I have swapped it out two or three times w/ spares just to make sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
Hey Jason, you should be able to measure the voltage on the power connector for the HU. If there's juice then your HU is dead. Keep your fingers crossed that it's just a loose connector.

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 4
Isaac,

I tested the wiring today and I am getting power from my main power lead. Should i also be getting a power indication from the ignition wire as well??

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Hey Jason, if the engine is on, there should be power there. I think there's another fuse for that wire, not 100% sure. Check your owners manual for the location. If you have an external power supply, connect it to the HU's power and remote wire. If it turns on then you know HU is okay.
Since you're getting powero on your main wires, that's some good news.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us