Please help i beg u

Username: Vr6_maniac

JHBSouth Africa

Post Number: 1
I really need some help here. I think my sound system is seriously being haunted.
For 1 week now I have been trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
I am currently running 2 12" subs from a single amp connected to a Sony 10 cd changer.
I have had this for 1 year now and no problem but recently soon after I had been doing some cleaning up of cables and small things like that something happened.
As soon as I increase the volume, let's say above half or more the bass and I mean only the bass cuts off. Like it's incomplete, sometimes it loses it completely not hearing the bass at all. It cuts it out and the protection light on the amp would go on red at the point of cutting off. Also the subs make funny movements that I have never seen before.
Mind you when the volume is lower everything is perfect. Please I would really like some help on that.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5621
who makes the amp?
check your amp ground. make sure its solid, and to bare sanded metal.
the amplifier may have a bad connection, or could be defective.

Bronze Member
Username: Napalmz

MIDWEST

Post Number: 43
can you say power acoustic??? :-)

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 124
Hey Nedi, maybe you accidently touched the gain and level control while cleaning up? Sounds like the amp is getting overloaded. I really hope it's not Sony. They're piece of garbage, trust me, I had them before. I think people should sue Sony for making such bad amps/products.

Username: Vr6_maniac

JHBSouth Africa

Post Number: 4
NO I cleaned and sanded the metal. The gain level doesn't fix things even if i reduce it or increase it its stilll the same. Soon as you go above half it cuts the base. My amp is Amperican Amps Pro 2500watts. i think i may have found the problem though. IT is the RCA cables i think. when i remove the left RCA cable out everything goes perfect. Ofcourse the bass is lower now but the subs move ok. Soon as i plug it in they start making big funny movements even if there is no bass playing. My friend told me it is either radio's RCA jacks that are gone or the amps.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 187
Ok Nedi, sounds like your right channel amp is alright. Now you should test the left channel by connecting the right rca cable. If that still works then your amp is fine. If not you have a bad left channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us