I need advice

Username: Nedflanders

Post Number: 1
I just bought a 99 chevy cavalier convertabile, and the speakers are horrible. I took out the Alpine deck in my old car and I am going to install it in my new one. I was suprised when i got to this site and read people suggesting not use back speakers. Does this mean not to have speakers back there at all? Or maybe adjust the balance to just the front? Anyway, the speakers are 4" x 6"; and i just need some advice on how to get a good sounding system. I listen mostly to rock music, so i never considered getting an amp before but should I? I am not a bass freak but i do want it to be there. Also i was looking at speakers online and i saw some called 3 way speakers, what does that mean? Am i better off sticking to 2 ways? Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 20
I think it is good to have speakers coming from the back. usually the rear speakers are more powerful and give more sound. I would only get an amp if you are going to be running subs. I wouild go with the three ways they usually sound better.

Post Number: 2
What brands make the best 3 way speakers?

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 22
what size

I like infinitys. there are alot of brands, and if this thread starts you will have alot to choose from

Post Number: 3
the front speakers are 4" x 6"

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 24
what about the back

Post Number: 4
well i seem to have lost my tape measure somehow; i looked at a site that had me type in the year and make of my car to tell me the size of the speakers and it says that the rear speakers are 6x9, which seems weird because they visually look like the same size. But i'll go with the site and say 6x9 until i can find my tape measure and know for sure.

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 25
funny, because i looked at sites like that so i went and bought 6x9s and then when i pulled off my rear linear, they were 5 1/2s. they may be, but they are probably not. if any thing try looking in a chilton book, you can find it at autozone and other auto places. or even look in your car manual(mine didn't say) i bet they are 5 1/2 to 6's. sites like that also told me that i needed 4 inch speakers in the front, and they turned out to be 4x6s just like yours.

Post Number: 5
thanks for your help, im looking at some infinity speakers on the net right now.

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 26
be sure to look at more than just infinity though,and make sure that the speakers are the right size, email me and tell me how it goes, hunterw86@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us