Audiobahn subs

Username: Skrilluh

Post Number: 6
I got 2 audiobahn AW1208T's and you guys were right. . .they dont sound that good , but they hit very hard which is good cause I'm not much for SQ in this vehicle im going for spl and they do extremely well for that.

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 27
let me know how miney db's you hit when you test them out. I think audio bahn is a real good spl sub

Post Number: 8
Well it will be a while because I only have one hifonics bx1500d hooked up to them right now so its only pushing 1000 watts at 2ohms (500 a sub). As soon as i get the other amp and a cap im going to run them at 1500 a piece at 1 ohm

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 28
that sound's like a hard hiting system! The only thang is that everone is saying that audiobahn is a crap sub and that it won't stay to geather. I was looking at a pare of audiobahn alum10q subs but everone talked me out of it so i bought a pare of rockford fosgate 10 inch hx2's.

Post Number: 9
Ive always used audiobahn , the only problem Ive ever had out of them is a sub , I was pushing its rms of 1000 and about a month later it blew , I then took it to a buddy of mine and he fixed it , believe it or not with finger nail polish lol , after that it worked fine and still does to this day. Im not sure what cause it to blow , but I *think* it could have been from not breaking it in and ripped the voice coil or something. I also had rockford subs and amps , I like them also , but I blew a 12" fosgate power dvc , but i know why i blew it , i had it hooked up to a 1000w tsunami amp , and was trying to give it more power than the amp had to offer.

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 30
do you know anythang about the audiobahn alum10q subs if i remember right they are a 800 watt rms sub do you know if they sound good or hav good sq, spl, or blow easy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
no clue man never owned one or never seen anybody with them , but looking at the specs they dont seem to be that great , look at the ohm loads of them. Read the reviews http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNALUM10Q#reviews

make sure you dont wire them to ohm loads that they cant handle.

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 11
I have one audiobahn aw1208t hooked up to an audiobahn a2200hct 1600 watt rms amp and an audiobahn acap7p 1 farad cap and I think that the thing absolutley pounds. I could not imagine having two of those in my car. With that cap, my lights don't dim one bit, headlights or my interior lights. I can't believe that your two don't sound that good. I am very impressed with mine. The box that it is in is about 2.25 cubic feet, and that thing will make my wiper blades vibrate when the remote bass boost is only up half way.

Help
Unregistered guest
jon doe.
Man, you really need to learn a lot.
Capacitors do not solve dimming problems.

Also...
Did you guys ever stop to think that
Audiobahn makes their stuff all chromed out
and flashy because they cant sell it
based on performance?
Its hot garbage in a box.
BTW there is no way Id run an audiobahn at
800 watts rms of its rated at 800 watts rms.
It reaches xmax way before that...
Youre gonna blow the crap outta them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I knew they werent top of the line when I bought them , I thought I mentioned that above lol , my experience with audiobahn has been great , so until I have a bad experience i wont change my mind. And maybe they make them chrome and flashy because they like looks , thats like saying ferrari makes their cars look good because they suck and just want to sell them. Caps will stop the lights from dimming , but its just hiding the real problem , your alternator. I would recommend getting a more powerful one , even if you cant see it because the cap is helping the light dimming problem , your probably still cuasing strain on your alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I said they didnt have good SQ , but they have very good SPL , just pushing 1000 at 2ohms it sounds better than systems Ive heard with 2500! My box is 3.47 cu. feet per chamber.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5637
if you're happy that's what counts.
glad it's working for ya.
a capacitor will only at best, mask the symptoms of the need for a larger alternator though.
they smooth out spikes in demand, but they still have to recahrge, so while the lights may not dim suddenly, they will be dimmer continuously as a result of the sagging voltage rails.
This is a common misconception about caps.. that they replace the need for the proper charging system.
just an FYI there.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I bet CC told him to buy a Cap, you know them greedy SoB's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us