RF HE2's, good for SQ?

Bronze Member
Username: Philberg

Birmingham, AL United States

Post Number: 15
how are the 10" HE2's for sq. I am looking for 2 10s but all I want is sq, Im sure it'll be loud enough for me. Price range about 150-250 for both if possible

Bronze Member
Username: Alex711

Post Number: 49
i have 4 12"He2's and they sound great..and all my friends like them but that could just be us..i recommend them..and they hit pretty good if u want them too..

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 33
i like rockford they are a good brand i don't know anything a bout the he2's i hav the 10 inch hx2's the sq is okay cood be better when turned up but the spl is crazy i wold go with them if i where you

Bronze Member
Username: Skrilluh

Post Number: 21
12"s are actually better for SQ , if I were you , I would get one 12" , but thats me. Just trying to be helpful

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
thanks a lot... so in general is 1 12 better for sq than 2 10's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
so in general...is 1 12 better for sq than 2 10's. One option I have which I will probably do is go for 2 alpine type r 10's(just have to save up for a while) thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Skrilluh

Post Number: 23
I would choose one powerful 12" over two 10's , they have better sound and take up less room. Yes 12's (same brand) , one , two , or eight have better sound than 10" subs or any other. People that are going all out for SQ would 99.9% of the time get a 12" . Im really not sure though why , ive been told this countless times. I believe its because of the 12"s ability to hit more accurate frequencies but im not real sure , correct me if im wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1056
if you're aiming for SQ definately do NOT go with RF subs...they make nice amps, but thats about it..

for SQ look at image dynamics, adire audio, diamond audio, resonant engineering, digital designs (not as much), elemental designs, treo engineering, jl audio and oz audio

these are all MUCH better choices than RF as far as subs go, and even speakers. ID makes some of the best SQ and SQL subs out there in my opinion (IDmax mostly) but there are other high competitors for this title

choose to what you want, but any of these brands i mentioned will absolutely blow away RF, any series...as far as SQ and SQL goes, and most of them would absolutly demolish the RF SPL ratings

i think RF is becoming too indulged in the products looks verses performance, thats a bad sign and makes me think of audiobahn more...

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1057
if you want excellent SQ with decent SPL, get a pair of adire audio shivas, perfect for your price range, 2x 12" subs with about 300w rms on each one in a 1.75 cubic foot box with 1.5 lbs polyfil behind each sub, one of my friends has this setup and its very very impressive

thought id add this...shivas are quite a better buy than type-r's

Help2
Unregistered guest
Thats a lot of poly :-)

Look at eD 13Kv2s also
a lil cheaper than Shivas,
and they wang....hard...
1 cf a piece sealed
1.5 cf a piece ported, tuned to 26-30hz
poly-fill if you want, not necessary.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I do have a problem w/ space. I have a small coupe. so would the recommendation be a good 12/amp/box setup instead of 2 10's?

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1059
its up to you, personally id rather have two 10s because of the increased surface area by about 200 square cm...makes quite a bit of difference in t he spl of the subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us