V-drive a waste of $$?

kklagge
Unregistered guest
I'm planning on using external amps to run some components & subs and I was wondering if the CDA-9833 is worth the $100 extra as compared to the CDA-9831 since the V-drive is almost the only difference?

Bronze Member
Username: Vtdakotaguy

VT United States

Post Number: 14
I have the 9833. My purpose for getting the model with the v-drive was a space issue. I need to leave my 03 Dakota CC essentially stock on the inside. My girlfriend has a 2 1/2 year old so there is a baby seat as part of the package. I am using a rather large amp and driving to 10" L7's. I had other considerations including there being not enough room under either seat for anything much less and amp. Even a small one wouldn't fit. Remember when a deck is rated at 50 watts x4 you really looking at about 12 watts per channel. The v-drive is 26 watts RMS. Beleive me unless you already have a four channel amp, the V-drive deck will be enough. However there is no real substitiute for a 4 channel amp in regards to sound quality. The new Alpine's have loads of adjustments for sound. I think you woud be very suprised if you were sitting in my truck with it cranked. I got my 9833 on eBay for $320 including shipping. If you are one to move your system from car to car I would say get the 9831 and buy a 4 channel amp. It will leave you with more options later.

LM

kklagge
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the input....I bought the 9831 yesterday and plan on putting (2) 2-channel RF amps in the truck, one to run the ID separates and one to run the (2) ID subs.

Username: Icenine

Maryland USA

Post Number: 1
I installed a 9835 in my Subaru. I had previously been running an old 4-channel (rated 50 x 4) HiFonics amp to my door speakers (components in front & coax in rear). When I installed the HU I decided to try the internal amp in the HU to power the speakers first and I was very surprised to find out how good and clean it sounded. I may leave them that way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us