Finally done =) please read!

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 257
hey guys well just finished up the finall install on my system. 2 12" Vmax subs, Alpine 9827 head unit, JBL BP 600.1 amp. it sounds greay =) just a couple questions on the amp and headunit. on the JBL amp there are 3 things you can mess with.. one has voltage (the gain right?) one has hz (tuning?) and one has bass boost in that order left to right. im suppose to leave the gain (left one) no more than half way up correct? and i can use the middle one (tuning) to whatever sounds best or should that stay at half as well? i left the bass boost all the way off because i thought i have been told to do that before. on the head unit, is it ok to turn the bass all the way up on that? there are two different options for bass... one is just how much i can turn it up on a 1-15 scale and the other is -7 thru 7 with a tuning @ 60, 80, 100, and 200. is there a certain one im suppose to use or just whatever sounds best? thanks for all your help guys. i would of most likely bought some audiobahn and lanzar crap right now if it wasnt for all of you! thank you so much =)

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 15
That "middle dial" is your low pass filter. You adjust that so that the only frequencies your subwoofer will receive to output are going to be the hz you set the dial at and lower.
Sorry, can't help you with the gain setting or bass boost usage. Glass probably can.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 258
Glass? sean? jonathan? thanks for the help with the LPF Jake, the subs can hang up to 500hz and the LPF only goes to 320hz so i can turn that up. i have the gain a lil less than half.. anyone know anything about the headunit and if i can turn those bass options up or if i leave them down? thanks!!

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 17
From what I've read, you probably don't want to turn that LPF anywhere above 80 or 100 hz. Your sub is designed for low freqs, so give it low freqs only ;) Don't wanna start putting midbass and other things into the mix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us