2 13 w7 158DB ?

Username: 01gsxr

Post Number: 80
I have 2 13 w7 and am still waiting to decide what type of box to put them in. I was on ebay and saw to diff types of ported boxes both claiming to have hit 158 db. Both boxes were in suv and were ported. I have allso herd this on other web sits. Just wanted to now what you you people think about that, 158 is kinda high for to 13. Is this possiable 1 13 w7 in a suv in a slot ported box with 2 jl 1000/1 ?

Post Number: 81
sorry for typo in that it was 2 13 w7

Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 54
im not sure bout you but i would buy them from an authorized dealer, you know...just incase anything happens to them. thats just my two cents, im not sure about anyone else, but id rather pay the little more and get the warranty

Post Number: 82
I have all ready got my w7s im not talking about warrantys stick to the thread or dont respond thanks.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 848
JL has the specs for slot ported boxes for that sub on their site.
the problem with buying a box online is ya can't get a good idea of the build quality.
for those subs you really need a minimum of 3/4" MDF, reinforced and cross-braced internally.
that's not an "average" box for most people.

Post Number: 83
The boxes on ebay were custom built for the 13 w7
with oll the specs jl requierd, I mean the one was sick, 3/4 mdf, and then fiberglased and then painted white. he was claming 158 DB, and there was another box that was simular but carpetd and he was allso claiming 158 Db. Any way the mdf fiberglassed box was way to big for my suv. I have talked to my instaler and he keeps insisting on gowing with a seald box for them, less space and he sed SQ would be outstanding. He allso sed that becouse they were in a suv that I would easly be in the 153 -155 spl. I told him that I wanted to hit harder then my 3 W6,they allso were in a seald box and that system hit hard.It had to be in the high 140 maybe even 150. He sed I was In for a big serprise that the SQ and spl would be AAAAAAALLLLOOOTTTT better so I guess Ill wate and see. He asked me if I ever bin in a car that hit 158s I told him no, he replied you would't want to be its way to much, I told him I just want to make My eye balls rattle around in my head a little, he replied no problem with 1 13 w7 in a seald box, and the sq will be insane

Post Number: 84
that was 2 13 w7 and the w6 were 12s.

Post Number: 863
he's right.
my festiva was @ 151, and I was in the Kicker dempo van when it was hitting 158dB, and it's difficult to breathe, your chest hurts, and it gives you a splitting headache, even with hearing protection on.
These people who are after more than about 150dB are crazy. I don't think they have any idea what they really want unless it's just to be as annoying to other people as possible. It certainly isn't for listening purposes.

that white box sounds pretty nice. should do nicely for ya.

Post Number: 85
ya wolf the box was hot, but it was to big for the typhoon. the box had no reserve and sold for 250$ thats crazy, THE BOX HAD TO BE AT LEAST A GRAND. Any way it was ported and im leaning heavy to the seald side. If thoes readings were right at 158 db then that is to much, I dont no what I was thinking. Im more for the sq then spl but want to hit hard. cris, my installer tells me that my 2 13w7 in a seald box will give me good db 152-155, and great sq. also I will have the room to mount my batteries back there. I have a kenne bell intercooler and that needs to have the batt relokated to the rear of the truck + I will need another batt for the system, so more room is needed. He just finished the install on my deck Alpine IVa d900, and my components and rear fill. we did 2 6 1/2 in each door and 4in mid and 1in tweeter in the dash where the 4by6 would go on each side. I went with a set of 6by9 in the rear for rear fill. The diamond hex crosovers are great, they have a rear fill conection on them so it makes thing a lot easyr. still need amps and alternator. I hope by late spring every thing will be dun.

Post Number: 867
you have the room, just custom build the box to fit the back of the truck.
you can make the box into a false floor and mount the amps and batteries on top, flush etc.. make it look slick, and if the subs are recessed that way into the box, you can put screens over them and have full use of the "bed" of the trunk area.
you'll just be tossing stuff over top of the amps and subs.
pretty common trick in SUVs and similar. same for hatchbacks.

Post Number: 86
wolf I cant make it into a fake floor. I would have to cut the sheet metal and then try to relocate the fuel tank that is mounted right below my rear cargo space. though that would look sick. the back of the suv where the box would go is only 50wby25Land20H. I dont want the box to restrict my view so in can only go up to my rear seat witch is 20inH. And I cant go down becouse the gas tank is right there. So that leavs me with a box that has to have at least 4 feet of space + 4 amps 4 crosovers 2 batteries an ec. I could put the bateries on top of the box but it would be way over 20inH. The fake floor would be cool, but I deff dont want to cut the sheetmetal and I allso have the gass tank right bellow it.

Post Number: 87
o and I hate the way subs sound when there firing up. My friend had 3 12w6s in a grand am mounted on his rear deck facing up tords the rear window and I had the same subs and amps but my subs were facing the rear tailgate and my sh*t had to be twice as loud. I deff want the subs facing the tail gate and rear hatch.

Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 104
What amp did you use. And did you use sealed box?

Post Number: 88
the 3 12 w6 were powerd by an alpine 1507 and they were in a seald box. That sh$t hit hard in my typhoon. The subs were facing the rear tailgate. my friend had the same setup in a garnd am with the subs mounted on the rear deck you no where you would mount your highs, any way the subs were fireing up and the sound diff was like night and day. Its a fact subs hit harder in sertin directions and jls are deff when there firing backwords like in my typhoon. They were bothe in seal boxes with the same amps. The diff had to be at least 3db.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us