Pyramid imperial subs?

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through July 08, 2003Guy125
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

well, obviously your lack of experience shows through in the way you talk about audio. the nicest system you've heard is an MTX system. this is all i have to say and i can just say point proven. i am 24 years old. i graduated from Henry Cogswell College with a degree in electrical engineering. It is a matter of opinion if you believe that i am snobby. i never stated you knew nothing, i just said i knew more than you do. i never said 4 12s couldnt hit 173, I JUST SAID 4 PYRAMID 12S COULDNT HIT 173. YOU QUOTED ME SAYING THIS, GET IT IN YOUR HEAD. and i used the example of the RF demo van to prove my point further. I never said everyone elses systems suck and mine is the best. i just stated that my system is better than any pyramid, jensen, visonik, ma audio system you could throw at me.

no, you are dead wrong. dead wrong, visonik is complete crap and MA audio is just above them, which isnt saying anything, next im going to hear you say volfenhag is great. im just tired of dealing with such an ignorant person with so little experience to run on.

come back to me in 4-5 years when/if you get an EE and we'll talk. but this completely terminates our conversations as of now. i will no longer reply to ANYTHING stated in this post saying that pyramid is better than kicker or JL for that matter. you can post all you want here arguing with me but i will not be replying to your posts. this arguement is over.

Guy
Pyramid is better than Kicker and JL? Who said that?

I said the Hyper Pros are better than the comp VR's, not that Pyramid is better than Kicker in general.

I think your the one who needs to learn. I brought Visonik up on one of the most respectable forums on the net, and there was not ONE bad comment about them. I run Visonik 3.5's and 6x9's, pushing the hell out of them with no distortion or breakdowns, I guess thats bad quality too eh?

Take your lazy a*ss to another forum where you can talk with more snobs who think they are they s*hit.

guy
Typo - *The not they.

Guy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3034691103&category=18797

Check out that POS. :P

i dont trust anyone who rates their amps at 17v. where the hell are you gonna get that? yes, im glad you finally agree that it is a POS. over rating products is a bad habit crappy companies have. period.

fuji
Derek, do you know how I might test the true rms wattage of my amps I am sure my amps are lying about even their peak wattage. My amps are serious garbage, i know that, I have had an eclipse hooked up to my sub before, it was rated at less watts than my Jensen (I know it makes me puke also((the jensen)))It was not as bassy as the jensen, yet it would not distort , until much higher volumes. I shouldn't really say that it wasn't as bassy, It is just that the sound was totally different. It sounded less bassy in the car yet, it would penetrate through the car and be much louder outside of it. This, I am guessing it is because the power produced by the eclipse amp was much cleaner and more true. I am just guessing but that 4 channel 600w peak jensen probably does not produce any more than about 200w total rms at 4 ohms? the amp also says that it is 2 ohm stable, I know for a fact, that if you were to run this amp with 2 ohm loads it would always be shutting off. So again my question was is there any way to test the rms watts of an amp

look at the fuse on the amp. to find the max wattage that the amp could handle, multiply the fuse rating by lets say 12 or 13 and that will be the most watts that your amp can push, to get the RMS take about half to 2/3 of that.

yes, eclipse makes some solid amps, i love them. jensen is horrible, and im glad you are improving your range of knowledge and experience the right way. give me an email and we can chat further, just click on my name and you can email me.

thx
Derek

Guy
Actually Derek I was hoping you might say that.

An amp that big would need an additional battery obviously to run.

The Visonik 1200 watt amp has 3 30 amp fuses, and also u left out 14.4. volts, thats a good rating also.

I thought u were done replying? Your not to bright are you.

i stated that i was done replying to the post on the pyramid subs. not too bright? obviously as i i said before, im more educated than you are, so saying that im not bright is a completely stupid thing to say, as i am smarter than you.

14.4 volts is also a irrelevant rating, as almost no electrical system can produce a true 14.4 volt rating. the extra battery would not make that much difference in the case of this amp, as it would only add a little extra power for a short amount of time. If you want to upgrade your power source, you have to go with the alternator. simple rule in audio, alternator=biggest and most likely most important upgrade when running high power equipment. obviously you have never taken an electronics course before as your statements are flimsy and of no real value to the audio community.

by the way, the max wattage you could get from an amp with 3 30 amp fuses is 1530 watts, and thats at your irrelevant 17v rating. now how bright do you feel?

its simple physics.

90 amps * 17v= 1530 watts.

90 amps * 14.4v= 1296 watts

a realistic rating would be 13-13.8v max

90*13.8v= 1242 watts

so instead of the "4000" watt rating that they state, its more likely to be putting out the same amount as a JBL 1200.1 and how much u wanna bet the JBL is a cleaner amp?

like i said, before you open your mouth trying to say that im an idiot, do your research.

keith
anonymous you have no clue on what you are talking about. i bet you never even installed a system before and you said you been installing them for 12 years?? dude i bet your only 12 years old. your all bark and no bite. get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

Anonymous
my imperial's have great spl but the sq has room for improvement.

Guy
Haha,

If you read my post again, I said that the 1200 watt Visonik amp has 3 30 amp fuses, not the 4000 watt amp.

I have not used the 4000 watt amp, so I do not know how many fuses there are.

No, your right I have not taken an electrical course seeing how I just graduated high-school. The level of a person's education doesn't always mean they are smarter your little conceited jack-a*ss.

Bill gates has a grade 6 education, he is a billionaire. Case closed.

Also, on your argument about batteries. If you knew anything you would know Visonik High powered amps cannot be installed in a car with only the stock electrical system. One of the most important upgrades is the "Magic Three" Wires. I'm sure you know what they are.

Adding a HO Alt ALONG with an extra battery is a must for an amp of that magnitude. I thought it was a given that a person would upgrade their alt if they were adding a battery, but I guess I have to explain it out like you had to be taught while taking your precious course.

If you were as smart as you think you are you could have picked this stuff up on your own without wasting your money on a course. Car Audio isn't Rocket Science.

Shapour
How do i go about hooking up 3 subs to one amp?? The subs are 10" type R's and i haven't gotten the amp yet, i'm waiting to see if i can hook the 3 subs up to one amp, and if i can what power amp i should get. HELP!

Guy
Need to know more Info.

What is the impendence of the subs? (How many ohms)

Shapour
It says....Impedance (Nominal) : 4 ohm + 4 ohm.
So i guess its 4 ohms per sub.

old milly
if it says 4+4 that means that you have dual voice coil subs, I don't know everything car audio and I wouldn't know how to hook up three dvc subs to one amp. there are some mono block amps stable to one ohm wire all of your voice coils in parallel so that you get 3 sets of 2ohm loads then if you wure your three 2 ohms loads in serires parallel I believe you'd get a 1.5 ohm load and if you can get an amp that is 1 ohm stable i believe this will work well

Guy
Actually you could wire them parallel for a 2.6 ohm load.

Its very hard to find a good amp to power three dual 4 ohm subs, but this one will do the trick.

Try the Cadence Z700.

Shapour
Thanks alot for the help guys, if you have any more suggestions just tell me.

Shapour
How would these amps do...

Alpine MRP-M350 1-Channel V-Power Class D Mono Amp-
700W Max Power (EIAJ)
14.4V RMS Continuous Power
4ohm; (0.08% THD) 200W x 1
2ohm; (0.3% THD) 350W x 1

Kicker KX1200.1 1200W 1 Channel Amp-
300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
1200 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
Stable at 1 ohm

Another question too, is there a way i can hook the subs up to 2 amps? 3 amps?

Guy
Yes, your best bet would be to get 2 or 3 amps.

Shapour
so how would i hook up 2 amps to the 3 subs?

Hey guys ive read wut u guys wrote im thinkg about buying pyramid subs but i never heard them work and now wit all the negative talk bout them im scared to buy them. i wanted to by this set from this site http://www.audiodealer.com/show_items.php
2nd from the bottom the "Pyramid Monster System"
im lookin for good subs that wont cost me alot $$$ im loking to spend for a full sytme nomoer than $400 that will give me a very good thump.

Anonymous
buy some rockford fosgate or some mutha f**kin' JL subs. they might not be cheap or some of them at high rms wattage, but at least they f**kin' sound good.

bass mechenick
why play around? huh ?
if you wanna do it right try a 12" w7 by jlaudio
with a good jl /1 amp....

bob harlaqwit
will subs have bass if they are not in a box.

Anonymous
well everyone might say pyramid sucks but to me there is no excuse for two pyramid 1200watt imperials out bumping every MTX, JL, or Fosgate system in town. Its not the quality of your brand, but how good you set your sh!t up.

Anonymous
and although many ppl have had problems with them busting and yes i admit pyramid sucks at making products that last and i am not a strong fan of pyramid but my friends imperials bust it out pretty good. Quality subs sound better but i think if you take care of your subs these are good for the money if you arent looking to go high end and pay the money.

Anonymous
Are Imperials best for SQ or SPL?

spl pretty much. SQ is bad at high wattage, but not too bad at lower volumes. not long lasting subs in general, due to poor build quality. good subs if you want a little more bass to your system for 30 bucks. nuff said. someone really needs to close this post.

"Bill gates has a grade 6 education, he is a billionaire. Case closed."

this is one small case where he educated himself, does not mean hes the smartest person in the world.

"Also, on your argument about batteries. If you knew anything you would know Visonik High powered amps cannot be installed in a car with only the stock electrical system. One of the most important upgrades is the "Magic Three" Wires. I'm sure you know what they are."

ummmm, upgrading the wiring system would not make much of a difference if you are pushing 4000 watts. period. i never said it could be installed with the stock electrical system. there u go agian putting words in my mouth.

LAdding a HO Alt ALONG with an extra battery is a must for an amp of that magnitude. I thought it was a given that a person would upgrade their alt if they were adding a battery, but I guess I have to explain it out like you had to be taught while taking your precious course."

not necissarily. you dont have to upgrade your alt if you add batteries, as long as your alt is large enough to charge all of the extra batteries that you have.

"If you were as smart as you think you are you could have picked this stuff up on your own without wasting your money on a course. Car Audio isn't Rocket Science."

notice i have proven you wrong in almost everything you said here? stop talking crap when you know for a fact that i know more than you. just give up will ya? or you could keep typing into oblivion and have me show you up every time. i dont really care. i did not waste my money on anything, you think a college education is a waste of money? 18 year olds these days need to get a life, seriously.

and by the way, if you did upgrade the wiring, you would also need to upgrade the battery, no point in upgrading wiring without a high CCA bat.

Anonymous
Who has Pyramid subs hooked up to a non-Pyramid amp? I just want to know how they will sound hooked up to an amp like RF,Alpine,JL

Jim Boom
Pyramids are abviosly pieces of sh!t. I dunno what the big agrument is all about. If you buy n e pyramid stuff over $20 bucks you are getting scr3wed. But if its under 20 bucks I say go for it I mean surley no sub could be worse than 20 bucks worth. And all you people who have pyramid stuff thats great. I just wouldn't get it next time. Pyramid is not worth arguing over. Peace

Anonymous
Have you heard them or are you just flaming them because everybody else is? If you heard them let us know. NOT the rinky-dink 500 watt subs but Hyperpros, Royal Reds, and Imperials.

like i said, i've heard and owned all three of the pyramid subs you stated. complete and utter crap. read the whole post. i've made my argument many times and i dont feel like repeating myself for the 800th time.

Guy
PLease tell me how you have proven me wrong?

Just because you say something doesn't make it right. You still didn't respond about the 3 30 amp fuses in the Visonik 1200 watt, did you forget about that? huh?

Lots of people upgrade the Magic 3 wires without adding another battery. It is a cheap way to get more power to the battery keeping it charged better. Ive done it to many systems and providing they are not pumping out way to much for the Alt to handle, the magic 3 upgrade takes away all dimming of lights.

I used the Bill Gates Analogy to prove you wrong. Simply because you went to college and I didnt doesn't make you a better person or smarter.

Anyway... its plain to see you think you know everything, so go back to your fairy world and live it up.

spanky
I just bought two 12" 1200 watt gold subs off ebay.....did i make a misstake

Anonymous
When you hook them up let us know what they hit hard. I want to buy some.

Anonymous
What Imperials is everbody using? PW12280 or PW12290? The Pyramid website said the Imperial PW12280 is deeper, so Im guessing it will sound better and will have more Xmax? I just wanna know what model number they are.

i havent got them yet but when i do ill tell u....i wont get them till ups comes in about one and a half to two weeks though

spanky
And if u do want some just go 2 ebay....thers 10" and 12" subs for about $50.00 to $80.00,...thers about 28 left,thats wher i got mine.

spanky
But if u get 2 subs it will run u about $30.00 shiping and handling. So you'll have to add that to your cost.

your analogy with bill gates is irrelevant due to the fact that he is one case in a hundred million, thats like comparing yourself to the pope. and to respond to your statement about the three 30 watt fuses is also irrelevant, poor build quality has nothing to do with the amount of fuse protection that the amp is capable of. if the amp is built badly, 3 30 amp fuses does not make up for it.

and like i said, i never said i was a better person than you, i merely stated that i am smarter, which i am.....i know more about this field than you do...obviously, you know nothing about build quality, all you go by is the companies ratings, which cannot be trusted in any case.

so please stop acting like you know more than you really do. i see through everything that you're saying, and have torn apart every arguement that you have thrown at me(notice the piece by piece explanation of everything that you have said being wrong or me agreeing in a small portion)

Guy
Look... For the most part people to agree with you about Pyramids Quality.

I threw Visonik in there just to see if you were snobbish and think the only good stuff is JL and things that cost an arm and a leg.

Visonik are proving themselves to be a very good brand, my friend owns a stereo shop and has only had not had any problems with customers bringing back broken Visonik stuff.

I'm sorry but I cannot stop arguing about this, because you are wrong. If I could find a pic of the internals of a Visonik amp that would shut you up.

Hey you probably are smarter than me in car audio, but that doesn't mean everything you say is right, if you think that your going to have a hard life.

aight, i think this just needs to end, we can just agree to disagree on this stuff, im by no means saying that only expensive things are good, i found that out with us amps, the usx-4065 is probably the best amp i have owned and i am still using it on my comps.

i think visonik isnt worth the money. you do. neither of us are going to change our arguements.

truce?

I am thinking about buying 2 12" Pyramid Imperials. and heres a lil something i found on them...

Most speaker selling is unfortunately done by advertising a name and a power rating. This is because advertisers know that most consumers are ignorant to efficient speaker design. Magnet size is highly overlooked. The smaller a magnet on a speaker the more heat the speaker generates instead of sound. Consider what makes a speaker work: the magnetic force between the permanent magnet and the electromagnet powered by the amp. So think about this. If a speaker is aking 1200 watts of power from the amp, but the speaker's magnet has been removed, the speaker wouldn't make any sound. Likewise, all magnets transform to less sound and more heat being generated. Efficient speakers always use exceptionally large magnets. This speaker uses two 60 oz. magnets (120 oz. total)

this really annoys me. why dont people read the post before just posting what everyone else posted 800 times before them.

Anonymous
Read this!www.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=017260

yeah anonymous, i've seen a few posts like that, but those are very rare situations in which an experienced box builder can build a box that makes a shitty sub sound good, like they said, its all in the install. I bet you 99% of people that have posted on this thread cannot make a box to those specifications and have that sub sound good, so dont try to use experts experience to prove that a shitty sub is good. its still shitty to anyone else who puts it in a prefab box like most of these idiots are going to. no offense to anyone with a prefab box, they work well in certain situations, but thats not the point, pyramid is crap, period. end of story..

Guy
Truce... I'm sick of this "forum" anyway.

People DO repeat themselves way to much, being to lazy to check and see if its already been covered.

yeah its not really a forum, its more like 800 ppl ask questions, 20 ppl give stupid answers, and me n u give reasonable thought out answers.

Anonymous
ok if u have owned all 3 pyramid subs... then after you came to the conclusion that the first two were crap why did you buy pyramid the third time?

like i stated before, i didnt buy any of them, i received them from people who were upgrading systems and no longer wanted them.

Ryan d.
first off i got 2 hyper pro 10's and they bump like a mohter wit a kenwood 1000 wat d mono block and theres no reason u shouldnt buy pryamid b/c there cheap for a decent quality

Guy
Ryan, I agree that the pyramids arent bad for the money, but that Kenwood amp doesnt put out enough watts to bump ANYTHING like a mother.

TRUST PEOPLE WHO KNOW
IF YOUR HEART IS SPENT ON BUYING PYRAMID SUBS....SPEND AT LEAST 120-250 ON THE SUB OR CHANCES ARE IT WILL BLOW! PERSONALLY I LIKE THUMP AND PIONEER 1400W SUBS, 2 AND A HALF YEARS STILL POPING MY TRUNK OPEN.....ITS NOW WELDED SHUT....HEHE

...why would you weld your trunk closed... then you cant even take the subs out.... or put anything in ur trunk....

there is no way in hell i'd spend 120 on a pyramid sub and 250 is just complete stupidity. 20 bucks if im in need of some filler bass for a while until i can save up for my real system. thats the only time i'd buy pyramid.

billy fckin bob
im byin (2)12' 2002 pyermid gold- plated car sub that push 1200 watt each i was wondering what you guys think about that?

billy fckin bob
and i bought them for 90$ and thare brand new!

billy mother fckin bob
and im gettin them from a auction :)

well if thats all the money you have to spend, i guess thats fine, but if you saved up your money a little more, u could have gotten some quality equipment.

would people let this thread die already? im tired of looking at it!!!

billy fcking bob
thats kool i mostly but mtx and pioneer but i whanted to try them out and im thinking of bying a pair of 12' audio bahns

billy
buy my bad

Anonymous
What happened to the new posts? More comments about Pyramid! C'mon with it!

Andrew
Hello everyone. First of all, I've read almost every single post since it started. Second of all, I'm not interested in any thump or subs at all, I own a 1987 Toyota Corolla that came with (only) two bad 4 inch speakers in the front. And I'm finally getting sick of not being able to hear music when on the highway. So I'm going to upgrade, and get 2 6x9 in the back and two better 4 inchers in the front (I'm currently using two radioshack replacement speakers =0). Anyways, I spent 3 1/2 hours online last night researching speakers and a cd player, and (oh, btw, Bestbuy over charges by at least 30 bucks on all their speakers- and when I was done researching I had 2 4 inch Pyramids and 2 6x9 Pyramids as my choices (I didn't plan it that way). My reasons? Huge Magnet size and the 3 way design of the 4 inchers as well as the 4-way design of the 6x9s. As I've said, I've read almost every single post here, and I think That Pyramid has a cheap speakers that are at least decent. And again, I'm not into hearing the bass that much, I just want to hear my radio on the highway!. When I install them next week, I'll let everyone know how I think they sound. (Oh yea, I'll be running them off a CD player that outputs 60 watts per channel). Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew
ok, my old little radio has a 7.5 amp fuse for the entire system, with my new system cd player (able to output 240 watts) will I have to rewire? or simply put in a 25-30 amp fuse?

Andrew
Nvm

Incubus
I cant belive this is even a discussion......I would rather listen to my discman in my car than use any thing that has pryamid written on it

Andrew
Radio shack speakers? you're saying that good old crappy paper-coned radio shack speakers are better than pyramids? I'm on a budget here, ok?

Anonymous
incubus is an idiot. pyramid's newer stuff is good...don't knock it just because you THINK it sucks. actually go sit in a car that has pyramid stuff installed PROPERLY and try to say it sucks again. my two pyramid subs bump louder than half the cars in my city. i only hit 120 with em...but yea.

Anonymous
ok why are u all talkin about pyramid anyone who dosent have at least one /////ALPINE product dosent know anything about car audio lets face the facts .... alpine rules

fish
pyramid ... my god what is the world comming to

Andrew
Yea, it seems to me (even with absolutely no experience in any type of car audio), that some people tend to have favorites, and others (the..go-with-the-crowders) simply repeat what they've heard and (in this case) say that pyramids suck. Well, like I said, when I install them, I'll let this post know how they work.

okay, i've said this a billion times, I HAVE OWNED PYRAMID, AND COMPARED TO MOST ANYTHING ELSE, THEY ARENT TOO GOOD. if you are on a budget and arent a sound quality nut, then great, go with the pyramids. All these people here saying that theyre pyramid stuff is so much better than anything else they've heard must not be listening to anything relatively good or installed decently. im not trying to bash on underdog brands, as that is how adire and onyx started out, but when a company makes a bad name for themselves, it isnt for no reason people, people didnt just start saying pyramid sucks because they felt like it.

so heres the final verdict. stop debating on this, IM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS POST IT NEEDS TO DIE.

PYRAMID IS GOOD FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE LITTLE CASH TO SPEND.

IF YOU HAVE THE EXTRA 30 BUCKS GO WITH THE ENTRY LEVEL KICKER COMPS OR JL W0s. Cerwin vegas vega series are okay as long as you dong buy them at best buy as well.

and by the way andrew, you dont want 4 ways in the back, too many highs from behind will draw your soundstage away from where you want it. so at the most go 3 way up front and go with 2 way behind.

Andrew
Okay Derek, I will keep that in mind when and if I decide to upgrade (probably get a new car before that happens).

Ok, so here's how my installation went: After 15 hours (yesterday and today) I finally dremmeled and cut and pounded my way to install those damn back speakers in my tiny Toyota Corolla (1987). They take up half the back window area for crying out loud. Now, Here's where I go completely insane...perhaps you can help. After wiring in my Lanzar VBD1500MP Cd player, I turned it on for the first time...the equilizer or whatever was showing that there was music being played (and yes, the speakers did *pop* every time I turned the player on) but nothing, not even a crackle came from the speakers when something was playing. So here I am..wondering if the damn CD player is defective. Am I being stupid?? did I miss one special wire or somethinng? I don't suppose anyone has some advice.

Oh yea, the Royal Reds are decent...the magnets are huge...

motoman22
200 posts on this board...may be a new record.

Andrew, I can't think of any special wire that was missed but it does sound like a wiring problem you have.

I'd check every wire over from scratch...just assume that you have NO idea of how it was installed and check each wire anyway. If the wiring is correct, the head unit is defective.

Andrew
I tested each speaker with a different system, and they work perfectly, and like I said, each speaker "pops" a little bit when I first turn the head unit on. And again, the heat sink doesn't even get warm. A fried transistor perhaps? We'll let the people at Lanzar figure that out- I just want to listen to some music.

Andrew

Anonymous
i'm sorry derek for you man...you have gotten so much crap for knowing about car audio...people are calling you snobby and whatever...i agree with you on every aspect EXCEPT where you talked about 18 year olds...cuz i am 18 and i know what good car audio is...pyramid will give you some bump but it cannot be compared to hitting as hard as even my single 10 inch alpine type r, which itself could not compare to DD subs...and for people who think that kicker cvrs are too spendy...ill sell you a 15 in a box that is like new for a 100 bucks...anyways

Andrew
I'm 18 and I know absolutely nothing about car audio, hehe

well, i wasnt saying that no 18 year olds know about car audio. the guy i was arguing with was actually pretty smart, he just didnt grasp certain elements of electronics that a certified EE can. anyways, we really need to stop posting on this thread...

Andrew
I LIKE this thread, its like an ongoing journey, and epic conquest about Pyramid products, an adventure of CAR AUDIO... Ok, maybe this thread IS getting really old, I mean, we've already determined that Pyramid is ok for the person with a low budget, that seems to be the conclusion here. Yea...the end of the "Pyramid Quest" is what I would say.

buech
Not impressed by standard Pyramid subs. The PWxxxxUS
(USA made) are very impressive. 1295 series has spl level of 97 db. Hard to find even in high end subs.
Power rating is exagerated. Not sure of the current contractor if any. 10 years ago pw1295us were coming from the Cerwin Vega / JBL production facility in california. If model doesn't end with US then it is low to mid grade sub.

urabadbadman
I'm going to put it like this...some on here say pyramid is good for those on a budget?...but i say, you would be better off saving a little more and getting your moneys worth from a proven brand. High quality car audio will cost you, but you will be glad in the long run. I would prefer to save a little or even a lot more money and get it right the first time, this comes from a dissappointed pyramid owner that has moved on to bigger and brighter brands

t2
sup yall i just bought 2 pyramid pb1281x 1600 watt amps and i was thinking bout putting a 15 and 2 10 inch subbs in my 2002 focus any suggestions?? :)

subsonic
you all are f@#cking stupid ita all opppinons find a god d$!m mag rewiew or head to head test and the b&%ch and mone if you so choose so

Dominic L.
nah you dont want pyramid..my friend blew those speakers with ease.. :\ What you need to do is just save until you can buy a GOOD system, maybe 1 item at a time but don't invest into crep that your will regret for buying!

D0m

Derek H
Id be worried about and car audio equipment you can buy at your local walmart. I have to go with kicker, I have a S10L7 and it pounds I was able to hit 142.3 db in Street A DB drags, with the one ten in a vented box.

boogieman
ITS PORTED BOX, AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT?

Derek I. what kinda of f**king chip do u have on your sholder man downing pyramid yea a few years ago back in the late 80,early 90 they were,nt very good but now it alot better i own a pyramid pb1475 4 channel amp o.k this mother f**ker has a hell of a lot of power i was using a poineer impp 450 12 sub it lasted a week it blew the surround off and smoked the voice coil right now i have two jensen 12 inch subs in a bandpass box it the only sub that can take the amp i,ve tryed 12 kenwood 350 watts subs i was afaird i was gonna blow them to bits ive tyred sony new subs the 12 inch same story anyway the brand name does,nt really mean anything pyrmaid is good there subs are well built right now i,m getting another pyramid amp i tell u the results

Anonymous
Pyramid is the main in my car well when it comes to my head unit my 1000watt amp and my imperial, but i do have a 10' fosgate punch, and a 10' boss all in sealed boxes, and without those its kinda quiet, they really help, but the imperial still gives what i paid for which was 0$. I did buy a 10' inch sumthin by pyramid and the sodering blew off, took it back, then a 12', it melted from the inside out prety much, took it back, and the guy gave me the imperial he felt like sh*t for selling me sh*t so it was free, anyways, some pyramid subs suck but, imperials rock, he prolly thought i was gonna come back hahaha... t00 bad b*tch

e
im not gonna say Pyramid sucks because then that would add another 100 replies. If your low on money i guess those pyramids get you by? in the competition world, they dont last a chance like ants walking on Wall Street. Get what i mean? Im not here to judge im here to help, Pyramid, Legacy, Volfenhag, Performance Teknique,etc. all made by 1 distributing company in China. Slap some Red Paint, or Chrome injection make it look pretty, and label it 1000 watts. and it sells. The Truth is its rated at 500 r.m.s and will never see the day of that high as well. You get what you pay for, a few more bucks and get some decent subs that dont melt, or fall apart, or blow,etc. Peace, and i mean it

cam
i have 2 15" hyper pyramid subs 1200 watts and i run them with a 600 watt rockford and it sounds good

Anonymous
why are yall even talking about pyramid , seriously thats like talking about roadmaster speakers at walmart you gotta be pretty broke to buy pyramid but get some real stuff c'mon and whoever said they hit harder than kicker are about stupid

motoman22
Post #219

TWO HUNDRED NINETEEN posts?

THIS THREAD MUST DIE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh
Anyone know anything about the SAGA 1800w amp?
My buddy has one that is brand new and he is getting rid of it due to the fact that he needs money does anyone know anything about them?

Anonymous
Man, you guys gotta quit argueing whether Pyramid sucks or not. I just stumbled across this page, read the entire thing, and all I read is biased opinions on cheap speakers. Sure, Pyramid hits hard for the price in a good enclosure and a proper installation, but I personally have never got good sound quality out of them. I have rattled my car to sh1t with them, but the pound is quite distorted unless you braid the wiring extremely good and have more then a couple of really good crossovers. If your on a low budget, as I once was, you can really turn some heads with these things, but the old saying is true, "You get what you pay for." JL is absalutely f--kin' crazy, but they also cost a sh-tload. Right now I've got two 12' P1 Crossfires running off of a 1000 watt crossfire amp, and these suckers really GO. There's no other words to explain it. They go nuts in small enclosures, just like JL, for a fraction of the price. No wonder they hold the world record right now for the best car audio in the world. A JL 10W7 cost 1600 bucks in store with the box, and I picked these up second hand at 300 bucks a piece and made my own box, put in a wicked Alpine deck, and I'm satisfied. My friend has two 10' P1 crossfires that he paid 300 a piece for new with a Jenson amp(amazing, but true) and he hits around 133 with them. But not all of our budgets are limitless. So sure, buy them Pyramids, just get them wired proffesionally and don't go over the recommeded box size. Get a good deck too. In the end, you can have a LOUD system that puts out average quality, but hey, in the end, its all good.

A program that I find extremelly useful in designing boxes and simulating them with speakers in them on the computer before you actually buy them is WINISD PRO. Learn a lot of new sh-t with this program, and can save you alot of money. Just search for some Thiele/Small values for the speakers you want to buy on the Net, plug them in the Editor, and find out what box will really work for you. Recommend reading the Help first. I was lost when I first downloaded it. Get it free at www.linearteam.com. To check more out on Crossfire, go to www.crossfireaudio.com

Thanx y'all for listinen' or not.
And for all you idiots who think young sh-ts dont know sh-t, think again. I'm only 16.

i didnt say young people didnt know anything, i just said it is too soon for them to have too much experience or extensive knowledge in the technical aspect of the audio community.

"A JL 10W7 cost 1600 bucks in store with the box"

where are you looking? i'd like to see this, lol.

car toys near me sells the w7 in box for 750.

yes, i agree with you on the price aspect of JLs, they are way too expensive and you can get subs for less money that put out the same sound, if not better. take the Resonant engineering HC for example, earthquake has a couple of subs that can take on the w7, onyx's monster sub is great.

this post was dead...WHY DID U BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

*dies* 220 posts, kill it already......

killbill
People who say Pyramid "suckZ" should probably listen to them for a bit. I own 1200 imperials, and they sound fine. There is no way they are better than fosgate or anything like that, but they are still DECENT and you can't take that away from them. They thump pretty good if you hook them up well, and that's what I did. I took an interest in this stuff after I finished my EE up and decided that I didn't want to spend a lot of cash, and made sure I carefully hooked everything up and made custom boxes (ugh... headache). They're running off an 800watt amp and they have been for two years now. I consider it a good investment of not too much cash.

Username: The_new_guy

Post Number: 1
WEll, I bought a pyramid 1600 watt crystal amp, and, (2) 800 watt 12" legacy subs, and WOW! Even though the "Pyramid" amp was greatly overpowering them,I have em in a 1.0 cubic ft. box in my back seat and they still put out loads of bass. So, if legacy sucks so badly, why can they stay alive when overpowered? Im thinking of upgrading to the more "powerful and prettier" pyramid imperials. (1200 watts each) Dont forget, You need a "big magnet" to sustain a long playing time, or more bass, not more wattage!

Username: Newb

Post Number: 51
haha here we go, this thread will live 4ever...223

Username: The_new_guy

Post Number: 2
224 =)

bumper
Unregistered guest
I'm new to this car audio stuff but having read all 224 posts it still seems to get me no nearer to finding out if Pyramid subs rock.

Unregistered guest
i just got 2 12' pyermid imperials and i never have hooked up double plug ins whare the speaker wire goes and im wondering whats the best way to hook them up?

joe dirt
Unregistered guest
Anebody who thinks pyramid is aney good has to either be really stupid or on crack. the best brands on the market are kicker, jl, alpine, rockford, audiobahn and i am sure that there are better but pyramid is not one of them. If u dont beleav me just look at the price, power handeling, magnet size and the place u buy them from

big j
Unregistered guest
no crap i never said there the best i just wana no how to hook up double terminals and i wana do it the right way just to know i did it right!

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 773
www.bcae1.com

tells you all you need to know for car audio installs etc

Unregistered guest
SO what is a good amp to hook up to my 2 12" Hyper pros, i have been looking around and i was thinking about the Rockford 351m, anybody have any sugs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us