What amp should i use

pmm2003
Unregistered guest
I have purchased 2 Solo Baric L7 12's and was wondering what amp i should put on these subs. I have looked at a Kicker KX 800.4 and thought about running 200W into each coil. I found the amp new for $325. Is is worth it or should I find a different amp and if so which one?

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 84
Hey pmm2003, I know lots of people love Kicker amps but like I always tell them, not every amp a company makes are good quality, some at higher end are nice but the cheap ones are bad. If you don't believe me I'll post a link that you can read about.
http://www.carreview.com/Amplifiers/Kicker/PRD_129967_1806crx.aspx

I personally prefer Audiobahn Class D amps for the subs. If you go for their higher end models, you shouldn't have much problem.
One more thing, try and get a sub amp with a remote bass control. It comes in handy when listening to different types of music.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 185
Hahaha! Those Audiobahn amps are high quality monsters of clean raw untamed power and give some awesome sound and performance.... I wish I could tap the pure craftsmanship and apocalyptic power of that company and put it into my car; the quality of audiobahn equipment is just amazing... :-) lol. Did I mention they draw so much FSCKING power!?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us