P3001 still blows fuses!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 249
F*ck acaraudio, they sent my amp back but it still blows fuses, I hate those people. Dont by anything from them, they took for ever to send my amp, they had to give a different model because they didnt have the 351m that they advertize, they tried to tell me the amp wasnt broke, they finally took it and they didnt fix the problem. F*CK ACARAUDIO.COM. @$$HOLES!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I want my amp to work!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
My other amp, punch 150s works with all the same wire set up, but as soon as I put the P3001 on it, the amp blows the fuse that is on the amp(40 amp) instantly. WTF
Can anybody give me any info. again?

Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3
Hey Johnny, how strong is theP3001 amp? I use 60amp fuse in my car. Does the fuse blow with no load on the amp? The only way a fuse can blow is if there's a short somewhere. If the amp is causing it, it could mean that it needs a repair. If you need to test further, you might want to try a circuit breaker. It is a bit costly but well worth it. You install it once and never have to replace it. I've seen one that range from 80amp to 140amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
I have a 60 amp fuse ander the hood and on the side of the amp there is a 40 amp fuse. The amp is only 300 rms 407 rms on paper.
The fuse that is in the amp is the one blowing, it blows as soon as I turn the key. Actually, when the truck is running but I turn my HU off, the fuse doesn't blow, but as soon as I turn the HU on CD or TUNER, it blows. It did this along time ago, when I first got it. I event ried it on my friends set up and it blew fuses instantly. I just took off my other amp that was working fine. I dont know.

Post Number: 5
Oh I didn't know it was the fuse in the amp that's blowing. That's very rare. I had several amps and never had that problem. Although one amp blew cause I overloaded it. It happened when I put the sensitivity to min on the amp and cranked up the HU.
Anyways it sounds like the amp is having some issues. If it's a good one, I'd have it fixed, if not, buy a 2nd hand amp on eBay.

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
its a punch P3001 the new one, I payed 183 instead of 249 but it dont matter if the amp dont work. Im trying to get my money back.

hummm
Unregistered guest
what sub(s) do you have and what is the voice coil configuration?

and how do you have the sub(s) wired?

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
i have 1 JL W3D4, voice coils are wired in parallel for 2 ohm load. It says on the performance varification certificate that it pushes 407 rms @ 2 ohms. I know the jl only handles 250 rms but I have the radio low and it doesn't matter how lowd it is the amp still blows, I tried.

Post Number: 8
Hey Johnny, it's very rare for an amp to blow it's own fuse. Most of the time, if you make a short somewhere, the other fuse blows before the amp's fuse. Let's just say the amp is 4 ohm rated but you attach 2 ohms to it. The amp is designed to shut down before the fuse blows. I've tried this many times. So again if the amp's fuse blows, you have a bad amp period.

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
yeah I know.
I guess Ill just wait another month or so for these people to give me my money back or a new amp.
Im so mad and tired and frustrated right now. I wa so happy that the amp came in and I was looking forward to hooking it up and slammin down the block and at SELU. MUTHA F*CKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
Hey yall, acaraudio says they will replace the amp if I would like them to. Do yall think I should do that or get my money back and buy another amp? The amp that I have and will be replaced is the Rockford Fosgate P3001, its a 300 rms mono block 900 peak 2004 model.

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
So does anyone have any input?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Hey Jonny, I'd personally go for the refund and go with another seller. A fresh start is always a good change.

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
alright man, thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us