Adding L7 or L5

Username: Howlow

Post Number: 3
Alright, this is what i got in my car as we speak, i got 2 Kicker CompVR 12's along with 2 Kicker CompVR 10's in a custom enclosure, im runnin all 4 off of a Rockford 800, and a 1.25 farad impulse cap. I was thinking about adding a L5 or 7 to the mix and aanother amp, or replacing the 2-10's with a L7 12. whatever Speaker i put in my car is gunna be a 12. What would you reccomend that i do in this stuation?

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 178
When you add different subs you throw off the over effect of the other sub. You should stick to the same type of sub all around.

Post Number: 4
people told me that 10's and 12's offset each others frequencies. but i thought it improved it when i put it all together. im also wanting to get into competitions, and am thinking about porting my trunk into my cab would this help for spl enough to make a difference?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 259
Yes big difference, i dont have toworry bout it because my back seats fold down hehe, but if you just oging to to it for competitions, at the comp you could take your back seat off, would take you about 3 seconds, just pull up really hard, only works if its a friction system tho

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 181
It would sound much better becasue the box would be ported directly into the cab. I have 2 l7 12's in my car with the box ported through the rear deck with a jbl bp1200.1 pushing it and it sounds reals good

Post Number: 5
sweet, i think im gunna port my back eck, and fiberglass my 6x9's in a different spot. but i wann keep my backseat, this is my daily driver. i also wanna float both of my amps when i get the new one, i wanna float them off the trunk. shouldi get more caps? the one i got says im constantly running 14 volts and there is no vairation. would it even be worth going to competitions with a system like mine? i mean it hits damn hard, but its not like some of the peoples ive seen at competitions. but i guess they do have different classes of competition

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 209
Caps are a waste of money. You are better off getter a new ho alt(350ish) and getting a yellow top battery. Then you are set to go my friend.

Post Number: 6
Now im thinking about replacing all my speakers in my car with 3-12" Solo X's. would doing this make that noticeable of a difference in spl?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us