Experts (Glass, Jon): JBL, Kicker, or Alpine

Bronze Member
Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 28
I will be running the Kappa Perfect 6.1 components for my front stage, I am wanting to know the quality/differences of these 3 amps to run them. BTW my deck is Alpine's CDA-9815, actually just bought it earlier today, along with two Shivas. I am not sure if there are possible connectability features from the 9815 to the MRP-F240. Are the 2004 decks (like the 9835) and 2004 amps the only compatible models? Anyone with experience with these, please help.

perfect 6.1 power handling: 100W RMS, 400W MAX

*Alpine MRP-F240 ($125.55 new)
-RMS: Bridged 4 ohms : 100W x 2 (0.3% THD)
-MAX: Bridged 4 ohms : 360W x 2

*Kicker KX200.4 ($129.95 -factory renewed)
-100W x 2 into 4 ohms @ 14.4V

*JBL P180.2 ($133.65 -open box)
-90W RMS x 2 at 4 ohms

and of course I will be scanning eBay for deals on them... let me know if you have positive/negative experience with any of the above. thanks

Damien Rob.
Unregistered guest
I have an Alpine MRD-M501 V12 Class D amp alls I can say is... I LOVE IT! Awesome sound quality and features (Digital controls and LCD read outs) from that unit. I purchased the amp from www.etronics.com

Eclipse8122
Unregistered guest
As far as I know, component and class D doesn't not match. ClassD is mainly for subs, an class a/b would be a much better match.

Kicker, JBL then Alpine IMO, but try to listen to it b4 you buy it, sound quilty is subjective.

Good Luck

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2550
Because of the fact that you're comparing the Alpine and Kicker 4 channels bridged vs. the JBL 2 channel running a stereo 4 ohm load on the channels, I'd go with the JBL first. Then Kicker, then Alpine.

Bronze Member

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 29
so bridging channels multiplies distortion then? i didnt know that... cool though. the p180.2 will look nice next to the bp600.1... :-) just two twin hunks of black metal

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 172
"As far as I know, component and class D doesn't not match. ClassD is mainly for subs, an class a/b would be a much better match."

Woops, was just saying I own an Alpine amp and I like it, I was not saying to go and get a class D amp..

Bronze Member

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 32
btw i was reading over the pdf manual, and, interesting fact... the JBL p180.2 and bp600.1 are actually the exact same size, down to the mm. great for a symettrical install, i thought. anyway, next time i rebuild my box, i will definitely do something to emphasize them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us