Sony XSL121P5 with which amp?

Unregistered guest
I'm looking at getting 2 12" Sony Subwoofers XSL121P5. These say they handle 1200 watts peak, 350 watts RMS. I've seen these matched with the Sony 2-Channel Amplifier XM2200GTX which handles
200 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms or 1200W peak. So my question is this a good setup or should i get a amp that is 350 rms?thanks!!
Jason

Bronze Member
Username: Matt77

OK US

Post Number: 31
he1l no stay away from sony

MustangObsesed
Unregistered guest
So for $400 what would you get? I have a friend that has that setup and i think it sounds good. What do you suggest i get? thanks!
Jason

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 163
LOL Stay away from Sony dude they will - XPLODE!!!

MustangObsesed
Unregistered guest
ok so if everyone says stay away...Then please guide me on what to get???

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 235
for 400$ for amp + subs you cant do a whole lot.. but you can do 2 12" VMAXs w/ a JBL bp600.1 subs will run $89 a piece and the bp600.1z is $200 refurb. right now isnt it? that would be a much better buy than the sonys you are considering..also take into consideration with a bigger amp you might need a new alternator..which would be another 150-200$ its all a matter of how much time and money you want to put into it. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13950 check this site out. look at the kicker comps as well, they are around the same price as the vegas.

MustangObsesed
Unregistered guest
OK i'll check out those subs...What is your opinion on these Rockford fosgates? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1074787610050&skuId=6302976&type=prod uct

mattjk
Unregistered guest
I personally reckon sony are cool from my experience, an ideal amp to run 2 of these is one of the class D range idealy if you have enough power try the Sony XMD1000P5 or if you dont want to upgrade the battery etc... go for the Sony XMD400P5 it pounds lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us