Username: Mattyjoe

Niceville, FL United States

Post Number: 1
Heres my system as of now:
2 memphis Mclass 12" subs
4 Alpine 6x9 speakers
Alpine head unit
memphis 250w mono amp to the subs

Im going to get rid of my old amp and buy 2 new ones (one for speakers one for subs). What amps do you guys think i should get, im looking to spend about $300 on each. Also Ive heard good things about the Memphis Belle amps, what do you think of those?

Post Number: 2
Im begging for help :-(

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 179
ok matt, first of all your going to have to tell us the rms and how many coil....then we can give you a lil more help about what amps..and things of that sort.. just tellin us what brand it is aint gonna help..everyone has there good stuff and bad stuff

Post Number: 4
Well i lost the manual but according to the memphis website its single or dual voice coil and RMS/Peak = 200/400. sorry for bieng vague

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 51
Hey Matt, for your budget, I find MA Audio HK597 a great bargin. It is 200W rms x 4, 400W rms x 4 at 2 ohms. That's plenty of power for almost any speaker. I think the price is around $300 or less, last time I checked.
For your sub, get a Class D amp. It's much more efficient.
Your sub dosen't sound that strong. You'll find out that once you crank up the volume, 200W is not enough. Try 1000W rms that's 12" at least. I find 15 to 18" the best for pounding.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the help guys, i've decided to sell my old amp/subs and get 2 Audiobahn 12's that are 500watt RMS and get a Hifonics amp 500.1 @ 4 ohm RMS.

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 74
Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us