Are Planet Audio amps any good???(the 1250.1)

ripoff
Unregistered guest
some guy at discount car sterio in wash. state tried to sell me one of these amps. he said it was better than a kx1200.1 and the bp1200.1 that i had. all i could think was that he was an idoit!

he swore to me that the kx1200.1 and the bp1200.1 were only 1.5ohm stable, and not 1 ohm. (idiot!)

he said that the planet audio 1250.1 was one of the BEST amps and the market and he exclaimed, "its the only amp w/ a 5 year warranty!!!"

isnt PLANET AUDIO the same as BOSS AUDIO? (even bos riot amps have a 6yr warranty...lol...they are total crap too, i know from expirience!)

so, is the Planet Audio a better amp than i amp thinking or is this guy i talked to a tard???

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 244
never heard of planet audio, but to me it sounds like this dude is trying to push what his store has on you.
If you know alot about SPL comps., would you be kind enough to take a look at my post in subwoofers called "Dudes there is no way, listen", and tell me what you think.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2532
Yes they're made by BOSS. Some people love them, but personally I'm not too fond of their stuff. Also, your amps (especially the KX1200.1) are much better than the Planet Audio amps, and are built better. Warranty proves nothing except the fact that the company is willing to replace their cheap crap with other cheap crap. They're really not losing a lot by it because their amps dont use expensive materials to start with.

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 177
my bro gots a planet audio Head Unit and aint nothin gone wrong with it yet.. but its till only about like 3 months old.. so we dont really know....but if i was you i'd rather get somethin worth the money..

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5429
Planet Audio seems to hold up better than BOSS, though BOss does own the company.
Quite a few folks seem to love PA stuff, but like Jon, I'm leery of anything from Boss Audio.

Just to clear something up though, both the Kicker and the JBL are 1 ohm stable.
The JBL puts out the same power at 1 or 2 ohms, and the Kicker puts out 1200 watts at 1 ohm, 600 watts @ 2 ohms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us