Fried

Maynard 1391
Unregistered guest
My sub doesnt put out anymore, it just stopped after I changed a cd yesterday. I inspected it and found that one of the wires from the terminals on the basket that led to the...voice coil? whatever the thing underneath the woofer cone is, well yah thats burned a bit. The cone moves freely and there wasnt any distortion or sound problems prior to this. Does anyone know what the cause of this is? its an Abass 10(audiobahn) 300w rms @4ohm, powered by an alpine 200w @4ohm MRP-350. Could underpowering be the culprit?

P.S I was running for an extended period of time before it stopped puttin out, but it had plenty of time to cool down before I started playing it when it quit.

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 149
I heard audiobahns are cheaply made, therefore maybe the leads are cheap as well and burnt out. I'd buy another sub. You can pick another good 10" off ebay for a good price.

Maynard1391
Unregistered guest
ok now Im really confused. I bought an Alpine E series to replace it, and still no bass! The power light is on, on both amps, Ive checked all the connections including the ground, all is tight. Whats the score here, whats next?

Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 9
Is it distorted or just low volume?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 699
I think your talking about the Tinsel Leads. There is two from the terminal mounted on the frame of the sub going to the cone, right? If there was something wrong w/ the VC then you wouldnt be able to see it, you would be able to hear and or smell it. The leads are a easy fix by a shop but yeah, audiobahn isnt that great, a better quality sub would be a worth while investment.

Maynard1391
Unregistered guest
there is no bass at all coming from the sub.

yes yes, the tinsel leads, theyve got that funny looking wire...f*ck em Ive already replaced the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us