Amp not turning on...y???help please!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 63
i checked the power cable and the fuse box and it all seems to work fine. the amp still doesnt want to turn on. yesterday my power wire fried in the middle were i had 2 power wires connected together. i chopped tthe fried part out and connect the other ends together. could that have been the problem? or what else could it be?

Username: Nimaj

Post Number: 2
Check your ground wire, make sure it is good

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 64
i have the rockford fosgate power 851s amp. does this have an internal fuse.

Post Number: 3
it should have a fuse on it somewhere sticking off the side or something. somewhere accesible

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 65
the ground wire seems fine. and there is no fuse on the outside of it that is why i asked if it has an internal fuse because there isnt one outside. anybody have any ideas what it could be?

Post Number: 5
if your ground is fine, check your remote lead, if that is good, check your wire from your battery and make sure its the right gauge and double check your ground cause thats what happened to me when my ground was bad. thats all i got sorry

Damien R.
Unregistered guest
What did you connect your ground wire to, is it connected to a part of the unibody? Did you sand the paint away?

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 66
yeah the wire is connected to part of the unibody and im guessing it works perfectly fine because i just changed amps so i think it should work, it had never given me problems before. so i really dont know what it is damn this amp!!! it was sounding so good with my 2 kickers, could that also be a thing. I am maxing it out.

Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 7
short your positive terminal on the the amp to the remote terminal. This should turn it on. You really should have a fuse in there somewhere. Look on the bottom of the amp maybe it'll show where the fuse is. You may need to take one of the covers off to find it.

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 67
how do i "short my positive terminal on my amp to my remote terminal"?

Anonymous

Touch your positive wire on your remote and your positive terminals.

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 68
and that should absolutely turn it on?

Bronze Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 17
yes. if you have 12v to the + terminal and the remote terminal AND a ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us