Got my new Kicker system!

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 28
The 850.2 amp is brilliant, pushes out 930 rms bridged at 4ohms, the 15" L7 sub is good, but when cranked up loud i understand why comments are made regading its sq. it has amazing spl. - and it's only in a 1.5 cubic foot box. - not ported. turn it up 70% and it's loud and has good sq. crank it up more and it becomes a monster! spl's become unbearable! but in my opinion lacks a bit of sq. Jono, Glasswolf or anyone with exp with L7's - will a bigger ported enclosure give me better sq when cranked up loud? - cant beleive how hard this thing hits, puts all my mates systems to shame!! :-) (i'm a lil worried about rattling the car to bits!)

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 96
porting a kicker sub will make it hit little harder and some lower notes with less power needed to do so... but you lose SQ...

so, nope, you dont gain sq...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5366
1.5^3ft for an S15L7?? way too small.
that box needs to be ported at about 28Hz, and made 3^3ft.
Then you'll make that sub sound the way it should..
It'll sound good at lower volumes in that tight sealed box, but it doesn't have the air to compress in the box suspension at higher SPL ranges. That's limiting your sub a lot.
bigdobcaraudio.com sells prefab enclosures for a single S15L7. take a look at the box specs there and either order one, or build one similar to that.. see what you think of the difference in performance.
At worst, you could sell the spare box to some friend who's heard your car.. heh

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 246
he means bigdogcaraudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5372
er yeah, that.
I was eating breakfast, and had a kitten climbing over the keyboard.. sorry
heheh
thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 31
""It'll sound good at lower volumes in that tight sealed box, but it doesn't have the air to compress in the box suspension at higher SPL ranges. That's limiting your sub a lot. """

thanks glass, just as i had imagined! hopefully it'l sound as good as when it's low -high when its in a bigger box. (read slowly, makes sense, lol)

Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1
I'm getting the same woofers. Kicker suggested to me a box size of 2.5-3.5 cu' sealed. I don't know if that will improve sq or not, but it'll be louder and boomier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us