Need help Here

Anonymous

Do you think 2 10 JL are good? There are the WO series hooked up to a pioneer 250 watt amp. If you don't think they are good, any ideas for good system for 500 bucks?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5347
10W0s are ok subs. not high output subs, but good for low cost, low power applications.
for $500 though, you could spend $240 for a pair of Adire Shiva 12" or Alpine Type R 12", and buy a JBL bp1200.1 for $200 to power them, and have $60 left over to buy a prefab ported box and a 4ga. amp wiring kit.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5348
Actually with the Alpines, the bp600.1 would do the job for about two thirds the price of the 1200.

Username: Jlaudio4sale

Maine U.S

Post Number: 1
Thanks for the input guys....My car is already wired so I wouldn't need the kit, also I was looking at 1 15inch Kicker L5. Would those thump louder than The alpines or adire?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 219
the adire and alpines sound soooooooooo soooooooo sooooooo much better than the L5's, please dont waste your money on that over priced wanna be L7 sub, you'll be let down i'm sure.
i'm always the last person to put down a product or brand, heck, ive even stood up for boss before, whats that tell ya! lol, but when it comes to kickers square woofers...especially the L5's, i have to say, they suck. for many reasons besides thier over priced cost. also, did i mention they're square?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 221
btw, i think the w0's are very good entry level spl subs that are very reliable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us