My amp just suddenly died

Username: Dustin_9

Greenbrier, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Rockford Fosgate p2002 amp. I had two kicker comp's hooked up but they were not loud at all so I went to a clearence sale and bought two Blue Devil 300 w rms Rampage 10" subs. A friend and I hooked them up and they worked fine for one day, but we didnt turn them up above 1/4 power, because we were trying to break in the subs. The next day, i turned the head unit up to about 1/2 and all of the sudden the bass stopped and the light on my amp went out. I dont know if I blew a fuse or blew the amp or what. The amp has a max power of 800 watts and the subs have peak power 1200 but supposely peak power dont mean jack. Can someone help me figure out what is wrong with my amp, fuse, wiring, etc. whatever i need to replace or fix to get my system working again. Thank you in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 229
look at the fuse in the amp and see if it is blown. Then check ground,power,remote,etc. for any exposed wire or lose connections.

Greenbrier, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 2
i took off the metal skirt and i see the fuse but how do i know if it's blown or not... and how would i find my ground power?

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
take the fuse out to see if it is blown and to find your power and ground wire you will need to open your eyes and read which wire says ground and which says power on the amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
did you set up your whole system or did a store do it?

Greenbrier, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 4
Audio Express set up the amp and wiring and i set up the subs. I dont know how to tell if the fuse is blown or not. I dont know a whole lot about wiring or else i would not be asking anyone for help. Ty for responses.

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
ok dude, take your fuse out of the amp. It should be a transparent color, inside the fuse you will see a little peice of metal in the shape of a "U", if it is broke, then the fuse is blown.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5031
better yet use the continuity setting of a multimeter to test the fuse.
now and then a fuse will look solid, and still have failed.
I just had that happen recently with a house fuse.. dumb thing looked fine, it was dead, and it ended up killing the heat pump in the house due to the water pump not running. It was ugly.

Bronze Member
Username: Igotpenguinz

Mi

Post Number: 20
did you check the fuse next to your batttery? I know some people that do a bad job on wiring and the ground and power cords touch which blows the big circular fuse.

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 71
maybe its the amp. rampage doesnt do a good job at buildin their amps. as u can see---theyre amps that go for real cheap. u might try to hook up ur old amp exactly how this one is and see if its something with the amp. tha should give u a troubleshooting head start :-)

Greenbrier, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 10
my amp is rockford fosgate my subs are rampage's

Username: Ovation14

Post Number: 1
Hey yeah i was in my room then all of a sudden i heard a loud noise, i looked at my amp and it seemed to be normal but when i tried to turn it on it didn't how can i fix this? do i need a new amp? this amp was only like a month old and in good condition.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us