Alpine CDA-9833 needs cleaning/dusting. How to REMOVE ROTARY KNOB before taking off nosepiece?

Username: Yinyang

CA

Post Number: 2
Hi - Alpine cda-9833 has been building up a lot of dust underneath it's clear nosepiece and I want to completely clean it. I can take off the nosepiece, but I can't figure out how to remove the rotary knob. Can anyone help me with this please? I will take full responsibility, just need your guys opinions. Thanks in advanceUpload

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5128
instead of removing it jsut use compressed air, and if needed, "TV/Tuner cleaner" spray lubricant (from radio shack.)
that should clean it right up without pulling it apart.

CA

Post Number: 4
I don't have an air compressor, so I think the best way and probably easiest is if I knew how to remove the knob. Anyone know how to remove it? Thanks though Glass.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5147
you can buy a can of compressed air the size of a soda pop can from any computer store.
cheap, easy to use, has a straw so you can direct the air accurately.
costs about $6.

that knob is pretty much attached to the face. it's all surface mount stuff and the whole face comes off as a unit. It's a pain to mess with.

CA

Post Number: 7
I also want to remove the smudges/fingerprints off the underside of the clear nosepiece, will the TV/Tuner spray lubricant disolve all that mess by itself or do i need to wipe it off with a cloth? So there's no way in the world to take off the rotary knob? (There must be a way)

Username: Bnh142

Post Number: 5
I have dust under the clear window where the display is. Is that what you mean by the nosepiece? How do you get that off? I want to get the dust out of mine as well.

Bronze Member

CA

Post Number: 13
I called Alpine and they told me that the rotary knob is pressure fitted, so all I had to do was to get a good grip on the knob and pull it off and pry open the front and back nosepiece's apart from eachother and unscrew the appropriate screws.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us