Question for my friend -- Glass and Johnathan

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 186
My buddy just graduated from the air force academy and for his present his dad got him a tahoe and wants to get him a system

there are 2 eclipse speakers in the front and a kole audio amp a long with a eclipse head unit thats pretty nice

the back speakers are 4x10s and pioneers

he wants to get all new stuff but i recommended to him that he leave the pioneer back speakers and replace the kole audio amp with an eclipse amp and get a component 6.5 set

he also wanted a sub but to keep cargo room so hes getting the jl stealhbox that fits in the front console

I was wondering if the fill speakers would be enough with the sub in front or if it didnt make a difference

also what components should i suggest to him - assuming stuff like rainbow and dyn is a little out of his target range

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 177
you can try jl. Amazing crisp sound. I also have rockford 6x9's in my car, and they still amaze me. I'm running them from my sh!tty factory radio.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 187
do you mean the xr's ?

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 183
Yup

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5209
keep the eclipse stuff.
get a good mono amp and add maybe a pair of eclipse aluminum 12" subs.
you could go eclipse for a 6.5" separate set in front and coax in back as well.
go all eclipse.
it'd be a sweet system

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2499
Hey Glass, out of curiosity, have you heard the newer Eclipse components? I see on the site they went to a titanium tweeter (PDF file says Aluminum, though) as opposed to the soft dome they used to have. Saying we both have similar taste in components that are more even and natural sounding, I was just curious and wondering if it's worth the drive to audition them. The midrange looks about the same besides cosmetics.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 188
how much are the new components running price wise

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5250
I haven't been by the local shop that handles Eclipse lately so I haven't heard them yet.
I guess I need to run over there.
I don't drop in on them too often because, being a small town, they're by appt only for store front hours, and I only call em when I need to order stuff in.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 190
the eclipse components the 8264's i think is the # look cool and they are decently priced as far as good components....

why does all the eclipse stuff get love....
head units amps and subs, but the speakers seem to be held in a lower regard

will these eclipse components be equal to xr's and 6.1's?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2510
Eclipse makes great components, excellent sound quality. The older ones were the SC8362s, those had a very warm, neutral sound to them and great SQ, and are the ones I'm familiar with. The newer ones are the SC8264s, those are the ones I was referring to that they changed to titanium tweeters, but the mid seems about the same besides the cosmetics. I haven't heard the 8264 series, I'm not sure about them, that's why I haven't recommended them to anybody. I'm sure they're still definately on par with 6.1s and XRs, but I really can't say without trying them out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us