Kicker vs Rockford Fosgate

Username: Sgtibitoski

Clarkston, MI USA

Post Number: 6
Would it be better to get 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P312D2 (dual 2 ohm) or 1 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7 (dual 4 ohm)

I'm lookin for spl and sq (50/50)

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 21
i would think the fosgate may have a lil more sq that the kicker, is there much in the price, i beleive here in the uk the fosgates also dearer! i was gona go for the fosgates but then ordered the 15" l7's.

Clarkston, MI USA

Post Number: 7
the fosgates cost $30 more

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
ok, so you'd want 2 fosgates but only 1 kicker? get 2 kickers, you wont be disspointed, niether with the fosgates! :-)

(spl better with kicker, sq better with fosgate in my opinion.)

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 189
Id say your better of with fosgate. The kickers REALLY aren't made for sq at all. I've heard one just yesterday -_-' man! It'll shake the living sh!t out of you, that yes, but the sq, bad...

Clarkston, MI USA

Post Number: 8
well the 2 fosgates and amp would be around $800, the kickers and amp would be about $1100 and I don't have that much right now

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 13
Also, from everything I've read, the square Kickers aren't constructed very well either.

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 230
you could get 2 fosgate t1's for 400 on ebay and a jbl1200.1 to power them perfectly *they are 600 rms subs* for like 200 at cardomain.com. that's 600 for subs and amp. the t1's have 3" xmech, check out the t/s on the website. I heard a set of 15's and they weren't bad for the price I could get them for online, but I'd never pay what they asked at the car audio place.

BlownRiv
Unregistered guest
depends on what you value more, space or SPL. two RF twelves are going to be louder than one kicker twelve, but will take up more space. but sub for sub, the kicker will be louder than a single RF because it has 20% more cone surface.

i don't buy this idea that kickers are not good SQ subs. i use an L7 and it sounds very good. below 60Hz, it's all about moving air, and the kickers do it very well.

as far as build quality, i'm quite happy with my L7. i've owned JL subs before and once i had a spider separation - good sounding subs, but not built the best. i've also owned RF subs - they're okay. my experence with the kicker has been very good so far.

Clarkston, MI USA

Post Number: 9
hmm what about those RF T1's boop was talking about, anybody got a comment on those?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i'd like to hear the rf T1, what size L7 BlownRiv? and what amp - box setup u got there?

i get my 15" L7 2mrw!

BlowRiv
Unregistered guest
single 8" L7, infinity BETA 100 (200 wrms), 0.75 sealed enclosure.

not the loudest set-up, but it does what i want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us