Battary and Fuse problems

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 228
Well i went against this no0bie at school with 2 8'' infinity perfects in 2 small sealed boxes, and he got his @ss handed to him. But when i hit the last tone on my test tones, my fuse for my stereo cd player blew and my spedometer stoped working.....I replaced the fuse, my gains on the head unit are bass 0, mid 0, and high 10, I was wondering why i blew a fuse???The other problem is with my JBl 600.1 my lights still dim even though i have a capcitor, im only powering 2 12'' V-Max's and they arnt at full excursion, im guessing about a half to 3/4 of an inch to go. Im kind tight on money right now since i have to repair and paint my front fender (stupid @ss deer). I was thinking about a differnt battery because i dont have the time or money to get a new alternator. I have a spare 16volt battery that is bran new in my basement. I was wondering if i hooked that up with my other battery if that would be anough power to feed to my amp. The orange light on the amp dims at high volume...plz help me out thankx!

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 61
the battery would only help a little bit but the alternator is the source for the system. THe alternator heeps the juice flowing throughout your sysytem. THe only way to truly resolve the dimming is to buy a alternator.Sorry. But but the capacitor only hides the problem that you a facing

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 229
what about the fuse?

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 53
optima yellow top deep cycle battery. dont need 16 volt. need optima. deep cycle was built to regenerate the dry cells with minimal energy, which means even the weakest alternator can regenerate it with the smallest effort fast enough before the next thump.----as for the fuse, maybe try getting something bigger or check to see if the gauge is the right size for the amperes ur pulling. again as for the type of object(battery, fuse, alternator), its not about that, the real question sometimes is what brand. optima is guaranteed to start in harsh conditions, try it, if not resell it. it has a high resale value, and face its, it is harder to replace the alternator than ur batt

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5187
what you need is a deep cycle battery and a high output alternator.
not one or the other.
the capacitor isn't any help.

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 232
well i wired the 16volt car battery with my other battery, and it stoped the light from dimming on the amp so im good for now. But the fuse is in the fuse box in my car and has like 25 other fuses, I blew a 5 and i was going to replace it with a 20, but my gf's dad said if i was running that much power, that the fuse wouldnt blow, but i would melt wires and that would even be worse, so any input would be nice :D

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesdunn

Anniston, Alabama US

Post Number: 49
replace the fuses that were in there with tha same size fuse.NEVER NEVER replace it with 1 larger than is recaminded but check all the wires to the amp to make shur u dont have a short somewhere in the system. http://www.bcae1.com/fuses.htm go there and it will explain about the fuses.Hope that helps u.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us