Everything is on it's way, Except I need a Sub.

Username: Mikeminyi

Post Number: 9
I am trying to build a excellent car audio system on a limited budget for my Honda Civic Coupe. The pieces I already ordered are:

1. Eclipse 3414 HU
2. Eclipse 32440 CAR AMP (80x4)rms
3. Pair of CADENCE ZXN-6K (75rms/each, 4ohm)

Now all I need to complete my system is a Sub. I love all kinds of music, so I want a sub that give me Sound Quality for different kinds of music. I am looking to spend about $80 on the sub and the enclosure.

What is your guy's suggestion?
1. What kind of sub should I get to complete my current system?
2. Is it better to get the sub with box shipped from Ebay or get the Sub and try to look for a box at the local pawn shop?

Thanks in advance for your tips and comments, as I have build my entire system based on the suggestions I heard on this Forum. You guys definetly know your stuff!!

Mike

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 970
mike your going to have to save up more money for your subwoofer and box combination but as far as the subwoofer id suggest a jl 12 w 0 8 ohm and wire it up to 4 ohm bridge (i think the back two channels can be bridged to 4 ohm) and keep the gain down because the sub handles 125 rms they are a very clean subwoofer for 120 bucks new

Silver Member

Post Number: 971
duhh me if you get an 8 ohm youll be fine bridged ...should be 120 rms bridged with that amp at 8 ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 105
a w0? ehhh there are better subs out then that for the money

Bronze Member
Username: Mikeminyi

Post Number: 11
Hi, I just bought a JL 12W4 sub in a ported box for $68+$30S/H. I am ready to go!!

1. What do I need to wactch out for when I install my whole system together?
2. Can you guys think any more equipment that I need?

Thanks,
Mike

Username: Xxx

Zagreb

Post Number: 5
Check this out it's bit more than $80 but'll give nice SQ.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48614%26item%3D5727431121 &tc=photo

Silver Member

Post Number: 976
the jl 12w4 was a good choice should match up very nice with your amp bridged heres a link for your subs specs

http://www.4autostuff.net/jl/subwoofer_specifications.htm

should hang right with the perfect 12

the reason i choose the jl is because ive had a few and i know what they sound like and they dont take tons of power to sound good and put out more than enough spl for everyday
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us