$2000 budget for Explorer

Bronze Member
Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 23
hey all! my buddy's parents are going to give him a grand if he pulls an A in calculus... if only mine would do that.. anyway he also has another 1,000 he said he can spend on his system. His truck is a currently all stock mid-90's ford explorer. so this is $2,000 total including alternator, wiring, H/U, components, subwoofers, amps, ect. (leave 100 out for box materials ect). assume self-installation.

what would your opinion on the best complete system be? he listens to rock i believe. So he wants SPL and SQ about 50/50. thanks for your opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 191
buy a new car lol

jk

i would get an eclipse 8454 - like 550
eclipse amps - 250 for components 800 for sub
6.5 dyn 360's - lots of $$
1 12" RE 3X - 370
and a big vented box

thats prob too much $ so to save money look at somehting like a bp1200.1 amp or amps of ebay for the subs

and downgrading from the dyns 360 to the gt series or jl, cdt, focal 6.1's or something decent

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 65
i cannot stress the point enoug----get m series mb quarts with hi fonics amp----quality baby

Username: Benfever

Post Number: 1
I hope you can help! In my 99Jeep cherokee sport I have a kenwood kdc-8015 deck and I had 6.5'' infinity reference sp. in the door and the stock speakers in the rear roof pods. It sounded decent but I couldnt leave good enough alone. Today I went into a stereo shop and did what I thought was a good thing and had the infinitys moved to the back and put Kicker ex6.2 coax 120w peak,60wcontinuous components in the door and side mirror mounts. It sounds O.K. but not nearly as good as I thought(no power) I told the guy when I bought the Kickers I didnt want to get into Buying Amps and Subs. He said it would be fine. I think he screwed me.. From what I've read in this forum my speakers are under powered.. Thank you for any input Ben

Bronze Member
Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 26
yes, adding a good component amp to run your kickers and infinitys would definitely create a HUGE improvement in both volume and clarity for your setup... the shop didnt really "screw" you as you say.. but they should have told you that you wouldnt be reaching the potential of the speakers with just your H/U
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us